Is Gas Gas Taking The P--s

chunkies

i recently lightly dropped my bike in the forest and dented the radiator, it didnt seem a hard drop at all but unfortunately it put a hole in the radiator where i needed a new one, anyway,

i rang a well known gas gas parts dealer who is actually very good to deal with and ordered up a new rad, costing

Edited by chunkies

i recently lightly dropped my bike in the forest and dented the radiator, it didnt seem a hard drop at all but unfortunately it put a hole in the radiator where i needed a new one, anyway,

i rang a well known gas gas parts dealer who is actually very good to deal with and ordered up a new rad, costing

now i have the bike up and runnning i am going to look into getting this damaged one repaired, if possible, would be nice to have a spare one, at that price!!!

why dont they just sell the two parts seperate

what a take on

just hope someone at gas gas doesnt come up with the idea that when you need a new tyre you have to buy a new wheel with it lol

Edited by chunkies

hi scorpa3, could you advise where you had this done? i dont need one repairing at the moment, but i would like to add a recomended repairer to my list. (just in case!)

cheers

paul

I've had this business card knocking around for about two years, which is how long my repaired rad has lasted so far - they did a great job - I think it was around

Couldn't agree more,some of the replies here are like gold dust.

It's certainly something to take note of, for the future :huh:

I thought I'd do some research and contact someone who knows the scoop. Here's the reply:

"The 09 radiator assembly we have in stock does include the fan assembly, however they are not 2 separate pieces, the fan assembly is just riveted on instead of screwed on as it has been the last few years. The fans are still available separately and can still be replaced. in the unlikely event somebody needs a radiator odds are pretty good that they crashed and they'll probably need a fan anyway, if however they dont and they're worried about the additional cost of the fan being included with the radiator they could buy an 05 type radiator (without the fan attached), although its a different brand it would still work."

Cheers.

Jon

I thought I'd do some research and contact someone who knows the scoop. Here's the reply:

"The 09 radiator assembly we have in stock does include the fan assembly, however they are not 2 separate pieces, the fan assembly is just riveted on instead of screwed on as it has been the last few years. The fans are still available separately and can still be replaced. in the unlikely event somebody needs a radiator odds are pretty good that they crashed and they'll probably need a fan anyway, if however they dont and they're worried about the additional cost of the fan being included with the radiator they could buy an 05 type radiator (without the fan attached), although its a different brand it would still work."

Cheers.

Jon

thanks jon for that piece of information

this is not what gas gas uk eligidly told my supplier and it may be helpful in the future to know this