Brand New Greeves

nigel dabster

I'll go with the last comments, grafics are a bit english/american retro..............frame looks very Greeves and for sure was deliberate, for me a big + but I don't see many

60 + Greeves fans reliving the 'good old days ' so has to be statement about Greeves. Price tag is nothing cos in euros it works out at 3730 quid............for me its half way to a good bike, just a thought.............. lets hope Triumph 'GET STUCK IN' and then we will talking real trials bikes............

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a mid '80s Fantic.....

Looks very wide and bulky.

The edges on the frame look like they might cut you if you fell on them in a crash?

Just take the grinder to it, it will be fine, if you crash a lot! :(

Well you know the brits are always riding and bitching about the bikes, yet none build or ride their own modern ****! There is your chance!

:beer:

I've read nothing about this before last week on TC, the market doesn't need a new bike, the economy is in a flat spin so few people would contemplate the risk of buying an untested new brand, and it looks a bit rubbish. I don't believe it's a genuine production plan. Also, on those photos I couldn't see a fuel filler - that could account for a couple of kilos weight saving!

Just my two pence!

In the Uk as opposed to the rest of Europe it is traditional to separate design from engineering.

Greeves is not unusual in this respect.

A bike like this new one is an engineers concept and may ride very well.

However it does not look as if it has been examined from a general industrial design viewpoint.

That could include final shape and detailing of structural members, cross bracing, graphics

and the final shape and style of other items like plastics and tanks.

Both the Spanish and the Italians understand this.

Blimey people.

I'm staggered by the negative receptions new bikes seem to get here, and from the help you guys have given me I know you are good people, so I'm guessing you are trying to be helpful!

As far as I'm concerned, the more manufacturers the better. With regards the dynamic capabilities of any new bike, they are far above mine so are pretty much irrelevant for the likes of me. I would ride any bike without affecting my scores much! Having Greeves on the tank may be enough to tip it for me, you never know.

I'm sure Greeves (and indeed Xispa) read all our comments and sift out relavent points, but after several pages of general negativity the marketting departments are probably juggling razor blades in the executive bogs!

The timing may be unfortunate, but thank God we have entrepeneurs who are prepared to have a go regardless of market conditions; if everyone plays cautious we will be in this recession for a long, long time. Let's applaud Xispa and Greeves for providing us with another offering. After all, noone is forcing us to buy them...

Graham