Evo Rear Wheel

spudsdad

good news. What kit?

Andy Metcalf Motorcycles (Tel 01642 475600) obtained mine. As I said earlier it comprises of new disc, washers to go behind, and 2 new spacers (which are the same size as the sprocket side). The washers supplied were too thick and the bolts need replacing with slightly longer ones to get more thread, but small points when it saves buying a new wheel. I can't really understand the problem since there is only a slight difference between last years spec and the new evo. If I did another one I would just order a disc and an extra sprocket side spacer and dig up the rest of the bits in the garage. Our wheel has now done 3 weeks practice and yesterdays Brit Championship practice day without any problems.

could you possibly get a picture of how its done? is the spacer in the disc side then?

All you do Eddie is: remove existing disc (ours is a 07 Beta wheel) and replace with Evo disc with washers behind. Make sure your bolts are long enough for threads. Fit a spacer the same as the sprocket side. Check disc fits exactly in centre of brake. If not, change washers behind disc to suit. Locktite on. Job done!