Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clarkie

Montesa Plastics

10 posts in this topic

hi all just hoping someone can tell me where to get new rear mudguard for 315r 2001

also where i can get new graphics, snapped fender weekend gutted

many thanks

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Yep Sandifords is your best bet mate.

Buy the red mudguard 1998 I think -much more flexible than the painted metallic 01 mudguards. Should be able to get mudguards and stickers separate -I know Haven used to do them.

You can save a few quid by only buying the main decal, seat and little side decals waste of time IMHO

Buy the red mudguard 1998 I think -much more flexible than the painted metallic 01 mudguards. Should be able to get mudguards and stickers separate -I know Haven used to do them.

You can save a few quid by only buying the main decal, seat and little side decals waste of time IMHO

Now that is a pearl of wisdom. My 'mate' had a spin on my new to me '02 on sunday and propmtly flipped it and snapped the rear mudder for me. His '98 has been on it's back more times than Paris Hilton and he hasn't snapped the mudgaurd yet. And now we know why!

also remove the rear fender mountin bolt on each side and put zip-ties thru the holes that way if it does flip then the ties snap, giving it a bit more flex, rather than the fender cracking at the bolt mount holes

also remove the rear fender mountin bolt on each side and put zip-ties thru the holes that way if it does flip then the ties snap, giving it a bit more flex, rather than the fender cracking at the bolt mount holes

Absolutely do this! I carry some spares tucked in my renthal bar pad thing. :(

Dropped it many times and just had to replace the zip tie rather than the (black) mudguard.

Hi,there's a black one on Evil bay at the moment

cheers guys all great help and i saw the one on ebay but its black and mine is red but phoned bvm very helpful

Thanks again........