Anybody Tried/use These Boots?

txt_280

Both of those boots are great for walking a section, but forget riding in them. You need the proper flat trials sole of the Diadora Stone 3 Pro or Gaerne Classic or any number of other makes mate. Also, i believe, the ones pictured are not fully waterproof, so they won't keep your pinkies dry. Personally i've not found anything as comfortable as the Gaerne, i wear them all day through out the week at work

I have a set of the Diadoras and they ripped in front after the first few rides. Stitched too tight I think. THe other thing I don't particularly like about them is the stiffness of the soles makes it really difficult to feel the rear brake on my Beta. If the job holds out to spring. (no guarantee) I think a new set of Garnes will be in the truck.

have a pair of gaerne classics myself, absolutely love em,supple well made and comfortable, well worth the money, also being an old fashioned rider and not doing any of this boinging about like my kids means they have lasted for years

I've got a pair of sidi's, There the same far to hard soled cant feel much, Other than that good though.

But yeah think my next pair will be a pair of Gaerne. I'd tell you a good place to get them but i don't think the rules allow me too.

'Trialsuk' do you know where i mean?

If you need a wider fit try the Rainers boots Birkett sells. I have wide feet and find these comfortable. I got a new set before the SSDT in 2007 and although I havent exactly ridden every week they have lasted very well, I'm thinking I'll get this years ssdt out of them.

their not the most popular brand but I cant fault them

Can you still get Alpine Stars No Stop boots ? Had them so long probably not. I don't bother to much about waterproofing as in my experience they all leak sooner or sooner. I wear sealskin socks instead.

Yeah you can still buy them, there were some on ebay not sure if they are still listed although about

Thanks gasgasthermo. Good to know, expensive but cheaper overall.

FFS mate don't get white ones. Unless you happen to be Dougie Lamkpin or Toni Bou etc etc etc they just look gay. :(

Only ever used Alpinestars (BLUE ONES) as a choice, had some Gaernes for a while and didn't like them. All boots leak to some extent the best solution is Sealskins of a couple of asda carriers wrapped round your feet before you tuck em into your boots..... (tesco bags have wee holes in the bottom of them)