Gas Flowed Head

alan

Hey Pat,

Hope you are not giving away any trade secrets here... would Hailwood's comeback have been so glorious without your tuning tips ??

I bet it works wonders on desmo valves and bevel gears..

Don't worry your secrets safe with me..

Just off to put a drop of windowlean in my oil tank to help with the running in process.

Edited by alan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers Pat,

I'll give that a go,

I put some automatic transmission fliud in, but it doesn't seem to work

It will only change gear if I wobble that lever that sticks out of the side of the engine up and down...

cheers Pat,

I'll give that a go,

I put some automatic transmission fliud in, but it doesn't seem to work

It will only change gear if I wobble that lever that sticks out of the side of the engine up and down...

Ha ha, best bit of reading iv'e had for a long time

Hi Guy,s

Silica sand .

Now I have an advantage over most of you, as I have a lage supply of the stuff (28 Tons),from the beach that we shoveled and swept up from the middle of the

banking area in the city of London where the Bankers were playing Beach volly ball on it , instead of investing peoples money safely in buying old bikes,

Another use for it I have found, is for practicing for the Dacca rally, What I do is sit in the workshop astride The Ken Sedgeley "Rival" and throw handfulls of the stuff into the old workshop fan

not only do you get a fine impression of riding through a sand storm in the middle of the desert, but it also removes any dry skin from your face.

If I am feeling realy nostalgic I put on the David Lean soundtrack and imagine I am Orance riding a camel across the desert, I usealy sit on the old rigid Ariel for this though.

Ps, a drop of

Solvo Autosol popped in to the tank with the petrol,dont half shine the piston up.

Regard's Charlie.

• 2 weeks later...

Along with all the other mods, I now reckon I might need to raise the gearing a little. I currently have a 60 tooth rear sprocket. I was thinking 56 might be better?

As the sprocket is aluminium I was thinking if I got the dremmel in and ground one tooth off every 90 degrees that will do the trick ?

The down side is that if i need to go even higher i will have to grind off 4 more teeth (to keep everything balanced like)which might be too much , so would it be be better to start by grinding off one tooth every 120 degrees and then if i need too I could remove another 3 ?

Edited by alan

Along with all the other mods, I now reckon I might need to raise the gearing a little. I currently have a 60 tooth rear sprocket. I was thinking 56 might be better?

As the sprocket is aluminium I was thinking if I got the dremmel in and ground one tooth off every 90 degrees that will do the trick ?

The down side is that if i need to go even higher i will have to grind off 4 more teeth (to keep everything balanced like)which might be too much , so would it be be better to start by grinding off one tooth every 120 degrees and then if i need too I could remove another 3 ?

Easy way to raise the gearing is to get longer shocks.

Longer shocks would not raise the gearing as the spatial relationsip between terra firma and the rear wheel spindle remains constant.

Please be more careful with your analysis, obviously the only way this can happen is if you put more air in the rear tyre.

Longer shocks would not raise the gearing as the spatial relationsip between terra firma and the rear wheel spindle remains constant.

Please be more careful with your analysis, obviously the only way this can happen is if you put more air in the rear tyre.

500 psi should do it.

Alternativly remove the silencer, this generally increases power by upwards of 37.3 %.

you guys aren't taking this seriously are you?

even if i had a compressor that would reach 500 psi, and the tyre carcass and rim could stand that pressure, all i would gain would be 2 " of ground clearance and mess up my stearing geometry and loss all traction.

Blimey,call yourself experts,

Ps anyone got a tina scooter (or daf varimatic) for sale?