Techno Rattle

chubs

is it normal for a 99 techno to rattle on the top end ive just taken delivery of one with a fairly loud rattle comming from the top end,is this normal or does it require futher investigation cheers

cheers stork,i trailered it to a mechanic today and he whipped the manifold off and can rock the piston forward and back with his finger sticking thru the exhaust port,he said it needs a new piston kit..great ;) anyone know the best place to get one i tried jk hirst and they want

Edited by chubs

Gday, that sounds about right to me. Anyone got a better idea? I just spent $90 Australian for a set of rings for my TY175. Bike parts are not cheap considering I have bought 4 cyl car kits for not much more... Its a 10 year old bike so I dont see that as too bad either. You wont have any other real issues with it, apart from standard maintenance. Its a good opportunity to clean the exhaust, check the reeds and fit new ones if needed, and generally give the old girl a good going over so you will have peace of mind for riding.

Cheers,

Stork

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, new on here so hello, I've just got a 97' 250 techno and it seems to be quite rattley all the time, so do you think it's a new piston and rings (or worse) job or just normal, sorry if you have all gone over this before, but I have never heard a techno run before so don't know if its a trait or a problem, also need new rear mudguard where is the best place to get one cheaply.

Cheers

TD