Bit Of A Strange One

chubs

the parts diagrams show i should have a small end bearing,took my jug off last night and there is not one on my bike,its not been put together by mistake with it out, As the gudgeon pin is tight in the rod,there would not be any room for a bearing,anyone know whats on here?? did they make them in 1999 without the small end bearing

Edited by chubs

You may find that that model has a bronze bush small end rather than a traditional needle roller. I had a 2001 Rev 3 200cc that

at some point in its life was changed from the bronze bush to a needle roller small end so there may be a kit (or at least a solution). So far as I know this was just

a 200cc peculiarity. What was also unusual was the (maybe some) early Rev 3, 200ccs had steel liners (as opposed to plated) you may have the

same thing on your techno.

Don't know about a solicitor, in my experience the are cr@p mechanics ...

Hope this helps, Mike

hi arun no the bore measurment is that of a 200 and the bike was sold to me by a dealer who is now completly ignoring me hence the solicitor...but i agree there prob ****e mechanics ;) also mine does have a steel liner,my first thought was someone has sleeved down the 250 to make it a 200 not sure.

Edited by chubs

Pretty sure the steel liner is as it came out of the factory, I think they sleeved the 250 barrel down to get the 200cc. There is a first oversize available (at least for the Rev 3) but nothing after that. However Nigel Birkett knows of a piston that will allow larger oversizes should they be needed. Hope you get satisfaction from the dealer but if not a 200 Beta really is an great beginners bike so you could be a lot worse off.

Anyhow, best of luck sorting it out

thanks arun, yes all i want is the top end replaced by them,im happy to keep the bike if they do this,who is nigel birket any contact details for him

seller is now paying for the work to be done so all is good

Edited by chubs