Organic / Ph Neutral Coolant

easytigrrr

Evans Waterless coolant is a great one. Special mix with no water or glycol base in it, boils at a higher temp, has excellent wetting and spot boiling performance and will not cause galvanic corrosion with the Magnesium. KTM used Magnesium clutch covers/ water pump case from '85-'89 in their larger bore 2T (495, 500, 550 cc) and their are lots of stories of guys pulling the water pump to find no bearing race left.....Any coolant with glycol will promote the galvanic corrosion process and make the case fail faster.

Evans Waterless coolant is a great one. Special mix with no water or glycol base in it, boils at a higher temp, has excellent wetting and spot boiling performance and will not cause galvanic corrosion with the Magnesium. KTM used Magnesium clutch covers/ water pump case from '85-'89 in their larger bore 2T (495, 500, 550 cc) and their are lots of stories of guys pulling the water pump to find no bearing race left.....Any coolant with glycol will promote the galvanic corrosion process and make the case fail faster.

I spoke with the race parts supplier about the Evans coolant when I got my race fuel and he said all the hard-core racers absolutely swear by it and it's the best stuff available for high-performance and HD applications. He couldn't supply me at this time as another individual had the franchise, but he was going to see if he could work with the company to carry it in our area and let me know. I could probably order some over the Evans website but I like to support the local suppliers so I'll give him some time to see what he can do.

Jon

ps. Tell all my old buddies in PITS hello for me!

I spoke with the race parts supplier about the Evans coolant when I got my race fuel and he said all the hard-core racers absolutely swear by it and it's the best stuff available for high-performance and HD applications. He couldn't supply me at this time as another individual had the franchise, but he was going to see if he could work with the company to carry it in our area and let me know. I could probably order some over the Evans website but I like to support the local suppliers so I'll give him some time to see what he can do.

Jon

ps. Tell all my old buddies in PITS hello for me!

If the objective, to prevent damage, is "no ethylene glycol" then is appears you would have to be specific in getting the Evans "NPG", and not the NPG+ or NPR-R.

Edited by DGShannon