leesboy

Beta Rev3 125 is a steady ride plenty of Power especially in the later Kehin carbed versions although can need clearing out more often. Suspension is on the soft side.

The Sherco is a bit bouncier equally as powerful but easier to "move". The frame after 2006 does foul the steering lock a bit as it was spayed out for the 4T motor. Air filters a bit vulnerable if you crack the rear guard. Bouncier than the Beta it does not quite have the lightness of a Gas Gas.

The Gas Gas is a lightweight "bouncer" Revs to the heavens and needs looking after. If you can manage it it's a good bike that will feel a lot lighter than even the 80.

We currently have an 07 beta 125 and an 07 Gas Gas 125.

The Beta is the heavier of the two but as the rider is 5ft 10 and 10 stone it makes little difference to him and he likes it.

Whilst the Gas Gas feels much lighter, which suits my smaller son it has proved to be just as reliable as the Beta and my 13 year old would rather walk than ride his brothers bike !!!!!!!!!

Having had two Beta 80's, which I thought were brilliant bikes, either of the above will feel much much heavier and bigger but big smiles with the extra power.

Try them all is the best advice.

As we've never had a Sherco I can't comment on them.

Good luck.

Mike.