Best Classic Trials Photo Ever.

charlie prescott

Hi Guy's,

Yes This is the bike that Dave rode into 2 place in the SSDT of 1967. and the bike Registration number JON473E, was known at the factory as RED T1,It would be better dropping the "E" from the reg for a Pre 65 Trial. Red T1 was the first prototype , bike that had several frames in it's short career, reverting to the near standard one for the Scottish, as this was company practice,the engine also went through several changes ,starting as a D10 with only three gears then using the prototype four speed that was being developed. the factory log about development is intresting reading.

Regard's Charlie.

Hi Guy's,

Yes This is the bike that Dave rode into 2 place in the SSDT of 1967. and the bike Registration number JON473E, was known at the factory as RED T1,It would be better dropping the "E" from the reg for a Pre 65 Trial. Red T1 was the first prototype , bike that had several frames in it's short career, reverting to the near standard one for the Scottish, as this was company practice,the engine also went through several changes ,starting as a D10 with only three gears then using the prototype four speed that was being developed. the factory log about development is intresting reading.

Regard's Charlie.

Great story Charlie,I would be very interested to read the Factory Log.

• 6 years later...

Seems his bars need a bit more foreward, and he missed the better pary of his kicker rock, will never make the 2M splatter on that lump! :rolleyes:

If he had had bar risers he would never have made it.    Apparently !

• Like 2

Hi Guy's,

Just take a note if you are building a Period trials Bantam,

This bikes sports a flat steel crankcase protector welded to the frame bottom tube.

Doherty steel levers, and Dunlop steel rims. Peco silencer box.

The fact is this guy was one of the best never to be replaced, perhaps BSA did get things right once in a while?

Or was it just Brian Martin? PS, and his Brother.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

The story of Dave's Scottish winning Bantam has some fascinating twists that throw considerable light on the state of BSA at that particular time, and I am satisfied with the accuracy of the story because Dave himself gave me all the details before his sad demise, but I am afraid that you will have to wait just a little longer because it is one of the projects already 'work in progress' for ORRe, so I'm saving the release of those facts exclusively for subscribers.

Bear with.

Cheers

Deryk

Hi,

Another offering for a different trials action shot!  Taken by Cecil Bailey, himself a very successful scrambler and speedway rider, it shows Murray Brush in very spirited action over tree roots in a steep Southern centre section in the 1960s.

The photo comes from a forthcoming analysis in ORRe of the Triumph Tiger Cub models.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-38189200-1440917903_thumb.jpg

• Like 2