Oh Yes ....

stuartcmorrison

.... after an age of dithering about i've actually bought a trials bike. i think i said when i joined this forum that i wanted to keep it cheap and cheerful and that's what i've done. its a 1999 montesa, road registered with 10 months tax and mot, i did the deal without seeing the bike but was well chuffed after my 2 hour drive to find it is in excellent condition, period, nevermind for the year. had a quick blast round the garden when i got home and was surprised at how light it feels, can't wait to get out for a proper practice.

anyway, a pretty good day apart from been pulled by the gestapo and slapped with a 30 quid fine for no seat belt!

Stuart, enjoy your new steed (good choice of bike) :closedeyes:

anyway, a pretty good day apart from been pulled by the gestapo and slapped with a 30 quid fine for no seat belt!

But don't make it so easy for the Poe-leece next time :thumbup:

guess thats a 315r. great bike to get in to the sport im new to it myself found the bike really managable though bit on the heavy side. have fun

Have a shot on a pre65 4stroke, them tell me its heavy. They seem to get lighter the more you ride them !

Your lucky they did'nt put you in their portable electric chair for such a terrible criminal offence!!! :rolleyes:

i escaped that because i've learnt that when you're sitting in the back of their car being treated like a criminal and talked to like a child it's best to hold back on what you really want to say and just smile and say as little as possible and be on your way in 5 minutes, same goes when dealing with council planners and building control officers :thumbup:

How did you get on at Howards Wood? How many laps did you do before the hail stones came down?

was doing quite well, cleaned the first, then a stupid dab on two and three, then i lost track. what i do know is that my memory is useless, i walked the sections, then by the time i'd queued for half a dozen others, i forgot where to go :rolleyes: which obviously resulted in a couple of fives.

was going quite slow so only got one lap in before the hail, then i found it impossible, let some air out of my tyres but they were just two rings of mud and i didn't fancy paddling round for 3's and 5's. I felt i gave up a bit easy, especially when i saw a guy (alan nicklin?) on a greeves bunny hopping the back end round for a clean, i was gonna stay afterwards for some practice but the next downpour sealed it.

i saw you pete on you're drz (i assume it was you) doing the a route, hats off to you.

Edited by stuartcmorrison