Info On Gas Gas Txt 250?

forbzy

I'm looking at getting myself a trials bike. I've previously ridden motocross just for fun and have done a very small amount of trials ridding and really enjoyed it. There is a gas gas txt250 1999 model advertised locally and I'm just trying to get some info on the bike and how suitable it would be for a relative trials beginner. And also and problems that I should look out for on a bike this age etc?? and also mainly what sort of money I should be paying? Any help is appreciated :thumbup:

The TXT250 is an ideal bike for an introduction to trials. Do a search on this forum and you will see that they are pretty tough. Regular oil changes will keep the bottom end sweet. ATF oil seems to be the oil of choice . Price for a 1999 bike I would expect somewhere between

Well I got it yesterday and have only had a quick play but it seems great! going to take some getting used to though, getting off a cr250 onto that is a bit different! I paid 600 for it also, but its got a couple little problems- a leaky fork seal and a slightly worn shock bushes but i can't really complain for the price. Does anyone know a decent place on the net for Gas Gas parts? Thanks for the replies :dunce:

Come and see mine and buy it if you like 2001 TXT 250 had 4months love it and trials which I am new to and want to get a newer bike all shinney and stuff!! Not advertised it yet but I have had new back tyre, brake, pads, pistons, spent about 250 on it and paid 800 for it, it's done 3 novice clubman trails (my only 3!!) Come see it you won't need to touch it just go start trials!