Fantic Trivia ?

axulsuv

I just unpacked , reassembled , and rode my new toy ... And I have one trivia ? to ask , Who's signature is that on my bicycle ? And boy am I out of shape , 3 minutes on it and I'm beat !!! I can't imagine what it'll be like when I take the 40 tooth front sprocket off and put the stock 28 back on ......... But it's all stock right down to the domino levers and grips !

Is this fantic obsession curable or do I have to go to a 12 step program ?

Glenn :thumbup:

post-1232-1239062204.jpg

post-1232-1239062221.jpg

post-1232-1239062239.jpg

Glenn:

that autograph is from Jean Pierre Goy. He was a trick rider from France who was sponsored by Fantic back in the day. He was one of the first to do the travelling stadium trial show. he was quite good too. Now what do I win :thumbup:

Glenn. If you're interested I took some pictures of him on his Fantic back in 1984 at the Kickstart TV programme. KICKSTART101 on here has put them up on Facebook Here towards the bottom of the page. Nice looking bike by the way.

Do we know what years the bicycles were made/sold ? I know mine originally was owned By Mark Older in cali . I guess he was one of the importers back then ...

Goy mine brand new in 84 here in the uk

• 7 years later...

Hi Glenn, please can you let me know the bar clamp bolt sizes in your bike, mine are not original as you can see, are they M8x50mm with M6 head like on early 125 trial 32mm yokes?

Otherwise this little bike has had one owner from new, I bought a few months ago just in the process of restoring. Its very original apart from peddles and these bolts??

I hope you can help.

Cheers Pete.

IMG_1182.JPG