Richmond Motor Club Mintex Trophy

perce

On the 7th of June this year RMC will once again run the Mintex Trophy Trial in it's original format, Time & Observation for Schoolpersons. Open to A Class, B Class & ACU approved C Class riders the event will be run on a two lap format. The planned course will form a lap of approximately 15 miles & will provide a true Scott style test.

Entry Details & Regulations are available to download from the RMC website.

Hi pearce

Will the 15 mile lap include some of the famous sections uesd in the Scott trial

Ie, Orgate falls or surrender maybe ?

Sorry I know this sounds a little picky, are you using TSR 22A or TSR22B

for marking ?

I really hope it

The event will start at Bridge End which is normally petrol check 5 in the Scott. The route will then follow back towards petrol check 6 & then loop back round. There'll be some Scott sections in & some Reeth 3 Day sections too, Orgates a bit too far away. Sadly the likes of Surrender is out of bounds to us on all days bar the one in October.

Rules will be 22B, I think the idea is to make things as much like the Scott as possible, short interval starts, route flagging, very open sections & there'll most likely be a petrol check. The whole thing is very much Nathan's baby & all the how are we going to do it stuff hasn't been 100% decided at the moment. :thumbup: We're hoping to be able to do the results on the day & have a Presentation too but again ideas are still being bounced round. There's also plans to provide camping locally for all competitors. I'm sure we'll have it all sussed for the day & come up with our usual good quality event. I remember riding (very badly) in the first Mintex in 1979, it was great fun & something very different.

We appear to be having website issues at the moment so I've attached the details now.

ENTRY_FORM__Mintex_2009.pdf

REGULATIONS_mintex_2009.pdf

Edited by PERCE

The first one started at the top of Rest & Be Thankful & did a loop round Moor House & Telfit. Glen Scholey won. The Club would be grateful if anybody could find & give us any old results as we don't seem to have any records of them. Redvanman is currently in charge of the RMC film archive, he's in process of getting it into a modern format. I'm sure there'll be some Mintex footage in that.