Ryan Young Dvd

I know there is no substitute for learning to ride a trials bike other than actually riding it.

But, for those times when I am stuck in the house. What is the best training DVD for beginners?

So far I am lead to believe that the Ryan Young DVD is the best, but it is very expensive.

I've got both of Ryan's DVD's. Find them excellent and have learn't heaps from them. The Advanced DVD is beyond my abilities but fun to watch.

I'd say get any training DVD and practice, well worth the expense.

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

Tried Moto Merlin but they were out of stock.

Bought one on Ebay. The case and cover looks fine but the disk is a plain white DVDR.

I contacted the seller who claims it is genuine, he points to the fact that it is a small production company in the states and this is the norm.

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

Gordon

• 1 month later...

I went to a Ryan Young 2 day school a few weeks ago. Not only is he an amazing rider; he is a phenomenal teacher. As for the DVD, I have the first one and it is excellent. As for the price, he maybe pockets 10 bucks per copy. He makes nothing from these. I think we are fortunate he takes the time to do the DVD's and run schools, He gives so much to the sport, kicking in a few bucks for a DVD is the least we can do. Dave

Bought one on Ebay. The case and cover looks fine but the disk is a plain white DVDR.

I contacted the seller who claims it is genuine, he points to the fact that it is a small production company in the states and this is the norm.

Can anyone confirm this?

I have a original and its orange on the disc with a picture of a rear wheel, with the words

Trials Training Tech. and cross Training tools.....writtern acros it.

yours sounds like a copy.

Edited by tilertrialler

I went to a Ryan Young 2 day school a few weeks ago. Not only is he an amazing rider; he is a phenomenal teacher. As for the DVD, I have the first one and it is excellent. As for the price, he maybe pockets 10 bucks per copy. He makes nothing from these. I think we are fortunate he takes the time to do the DVD's and run schools, He gives so much to the sport, kicking in a few bucks for a DVD is the least we can do. Dave

I think Ryan Young finished just a few points back of Chris Florin (a younger top 5 US Champ Class rider at the time) at a big trial just a couple years ago, if I remember correctly. Well, with a name like "Young"...

• 4 months later...

I have just got the advanced techniques dvd out of interest more than anything. It is actually more amusing than informative some of the things he says. What the hell is a jap zap when its at home?!!!! The funniest bit was near the end of the dvd when hes explaining what a minder does and he mentions that its possible to get 4 punctures per lap and was carrying a massive bag of dog turds! Another thing I noticed was when he describes muddy conditions, I think these Americans need to ride the Colmore or somewhere down south!!