Ryan Young Dvd

• 2 weeks later...

Still the best training DVD's.

Watching on youtube is fun, but you will most likely not learn much from it.

Ryan explains why he does it.

At least you will know most of the theory being it.

If you practice/learn the wrong way, it will take you twice as long to unlearn.

Well worth the dosh

Still the best training DVD's.

Watching on youtube is fun, but you will most likely not learn much from it.

Ryan explains why he does it.

At least you will know most of the theory being it.

If you practice/learn the wrong way, it will take you twice as long to unlearn.

Well worth the dosh

I really agree. Ryan has a way of instructing that makes sense. I don't often ride in competition but instruct new riders in the club and purchased both of Ryan's DVDs as they help me explain the basics. This gets new riders out on the right footing and they have fun quicker than trying to learn just by themselves. Ryan is good at providing the "why" along with the "how" as to riding a section.

Jon

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I just finished watching the Ryan Young DVD. Wow, much better than I expected. You are bang on about his methods and explanations. Really gives you the feeling that this is do-able!

I have to say that Ryan makes it look easy, but you just know it's not!!!

I'll be watching this again and again!

ryan young dvd is well worth the money

its worth watching it all - i noticed i need to set my bars/ leavers better ,

and the explination on slow wheelies has given me something to practice!

a good dvd watched 3 times since it arrived last week - and i ve never got time for tv!! :thumbup:

Bought one on Ebay. The case and cover looks fine but the disk is a plain white DVDR.

I contacted the seller who claims it is genuine, he points to the fact that it is a small production company in the states and this is the norm.

Can anyone confirm this?

I have a original and its orange on the disc with a picture of a rear wheel, with the words

Trials Training Tech. and cross Training tools.....writtern acros it.

yours sounds like a copy.

Mine's the same, the white dvd's sound a little dodgy !!

At the end of the day buy an original as someone else will profit other than Ryan who put a whole lot of effort into making and producing the DVD's .... fair is fair

I bought of ebay and its a genuine one with right sticker etc, yours is a knock off for sure, but its the best DVD by far, knock off or genuine. I have both bought from ebay genuine copies and the steve saunders and have done a steve S training day (I live near him, he works at BVM and has advisied on buying my sons bike and fixed my sons bike, totally top guy) and a dougie training day, the ryan young dvd is the best, steve's is still usefull, do his then the ryan yound, but the dougie lampkin training day is just the best thing you can do, 1:1 tuition from the man and his dad is both technically v good and inspirational. Steve is better in mud and woods, dougie on rocks. HTH John (BTW with all this training I am still totally crap, but happy!!)

Dodgy copies of Ryan's DVD's have come up in the past. The answer is don't buy from EBay if you want to be sure you're buying the genuine article.

Motomerlin - who support this site sell the genuine article. If you want it, buy from them. They help pay the costs of providing Trials Central which helps you have this forum to talk on ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Dodgy copies of Ryan's DVD's have come up in the past. The answer is don't buy from EBay if you want to be sure you're buying the genuine article.

Motomerlin - who support this site sell the genuine article. If you want it, buy from them. They help pay the costs of providing Trials Central which helps you have this forum to talk on :thumbup:

not to mention mike is a great bloke to deal with

• 4 weeks later...

I have Ryans DVD's, and I also took his class last year. I am a new trials rider and I think both are very good. I think the key to getting the information off the DVD is to pick one or two of the technical features explained in the video and work them until you have them learned. Than move on to another feature in the DVD. Also If possible ride with a partener who is a better rider than yourself. The one thing that i noticed about taking Ryans class versus learning from the DVD is that in the class Ryan is there to correct you when he notices you using improper technique. Using only the DVD as a tutorial you must correct youself. It helps if you have a friend watching to give you feedback about your technique or lack of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully yes. If you buy it and its not the original let us know we we'll pull the ad and warn the user. To be sure always buy from a reputable seller. Motomerlin like Andy says sell the original.