Montesa Cota 242

sooty

• 6 years later...

Build update, installed electronic ignition from RMlightning, absolutely brilliant bit of kit very easy to install and setup, fantastic help from Julian, will update with full description and pics to follow.

Build update, installed electronic ignition from RMlightning, absolutely brilliant bit of kit very easy to install and setup, fantastic help from Julian, will update with full description and pics to follow.

will be interesting to know how it works with the engine, might put one on my 242 if its theres alot of diffrence over the points system.

Yeah , once set , you can forget about it and I'm sure like most others, the bike will run better on it.

Tbh on mine once the points was set up correctly i never had a problem with them, the engine is just weak on low end throttle range, if this electronic ignition can race the engine up like the fantic engine does i can see the 242 becoming abit more popular.