Slow Action Throttle

deckmaster01

hi people ive just sold my gasgas 321 and bought a 280 gasgas,the 321 had a slow action throttle which made the power very smooth and managable but the 280 ive bought seems like it just wants to go for it and seems very snappy ,could it have a quick action throttle or is it because its a newer bike a bit more responsive than my old 99 gasgas,thanks

You aint never going to slow a 280 down with a slow action throttle...but for the record "if its fitted with a white throttle slide than it has a fast one and if its fitted with a black slide then it has a slow one"

The 280 pro is a expert bike and will hinder you more than help if you are just starting out...

There are things that you can do to tame it down a bit, like fit a fly wheel weight and a head spacer, but at the end of the day its still going to bark...

Although the 280 is a powerful bike i wouldnt worry about it to much. Youll soon learn how to use the power. Seen a few beginers start on big bikes and they soon get used to the power and get on very well with them. As stated though get a slow action throttle on the bike and make sure there is a fly wheel weight on it and it should help.

You aint never going to slow a 280 down with a slow action throttle...but for the record "if its fitted with a white throttle slide than it has a fast one and if its fitted with a black slide then it has a slow one"

Thanks for the helpful explanation. By throttle slide do you mean the round cable guide in the throttle or the slide in the carb.

Thanks for the helpful explanation. By throttle slide do you mean the round cable guide in the throttle or the slide in the carb.

It is the colour of the plastic under your throttle grip. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
If you always keep your finger on the clutch lever, you can stop, or limit that power in an instant. Just pull in the clutch.

Pulling in the clutch will kill the drive but if your on a slippery or loose surface you will break traction again when you let the clutch out unless your very careful.

I put a slow action on my 280 on tuesday morning at the ssdt and it made the bike a lot easier to ride especially on the loose sections.

Its a cheap mod that will help calm down a powerful bike

an even cheaper mod is to extend the grove in the tube, I think Al the Spanner uses two hacksaw blades taped together to form the correct width.

That's a good tip to lower the ramp and I don't see any reason it shouldn't work as well as a new black tube type (and the price is right).

Jon