Bvm Moto Test Day

trials lad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put together our impressions... a couple of my mates have emailed me their views on what they rode as well... but it will all be a personal view, no such thing as a bad bike... just what you do or don't like the feel of.

This is where the problems of testing start, and whilst r2's views are as valid as mine I would absolutely have to disagree about the Beta suspension as no way was it a patch on the 4rt, but I was on the 270 not the 250 and they could well have been different in set up, and the 4rt was very very softly set up. The gasser 280 felt good to me too and I loved those fat bars, the position was just to my liking and the levers where just how I like them so I felt roght at home straight away.

There is one thing that always bothers me with these short rides and the only bike that came close to how I set my bike up was the Gasser. The 4rt had way to much tickover and the Sherco felt awful, the levers were too far down the tickover too fast the bars were just a little bit different to my renthals, clutch biting point too close to the bars and so on.

There wasn't one bike which I wouldn't have liked to take a 4mm allen key to. If I won the lottery......... Gas Gas 280, 4rt, Beta270 and a couple of shercos.

Edited by Nigel Dabster