200 Fantic Carb Question

agiow

I am having the same problem with mine, and had lots of advise from Lee and tried and tested everything, BUT now I think the solution has been found after having a good chat with Bill Pye and also a great guy named Clive Taylor (hope your reading this Lee) the problem I found was the expansion chamber in the front exhaust pipe and not the carb, i had my pipe carefully cut open and found that a large chunk (caked in carbon) of the honeycomb mesh in the inside had broke off and lodged itself to block the exhaust gases travelling through to the silencer, it was fine low range but as soon as you gave it any higher range rev it would just choke up and run as if the choke was on and would want to cut out, then as soon as the revs were dropped and it cleared it would run fine bottom range.

I am having my WES silencer re-packed also and getting the front pipe back this week so it has not been tried and tested but I am sure this is the cure to my problem (and hopefully yours)

WATCH THIS SPACE AS RESULTS WILL BE POSTED

Cheers

This reply might be a bit late for you but I had a new OKO carb fitted by Chris at Classic Trial a couple of weeks ago. Its the first 200 that he has done and he used a 24mm carb.

The results are very very good. I will be taking it back soon for Chris to check the main jet as on the day I had an exhaust leak, now that the leak is fixed he wants to make sure that its 100%.

It feels okay to me as is, a great improvement.

Ron