Silencer Rubbing Against Tyre

benbeta23

Hi, on my GG 300 pro the silencer seems to be rubbing on the tyre, i've tried pulling the silencer out a bit, it seems to have worked but no doubt it will do it again soon, is there anyway of making sure it won't happen again so it doesn't wear the paint away.

Cheers

Ben.

Seems to be one of those ongoing problems that's never been cured. My 280 did it from new and most others I've seen seem to be the same. I cover the rubbing spot with industrial self adhesive tape and replace it when it rubs through. Works for me but I'm sure there are many other solutions? Bending the exhaust will only weaken the brackets and produce a poor seal at the join.

GJ :thumbup:

Hi, on my GG 300 pro the silencer seems to be rubbing on the tyre, i've tried pulling the silencer out a bit, it seems to have worked but no doubt it will do it again soon, is there anyway of making sure it won't happen again so it doesn't wear the paint away.

Cheers

Ben.

I have read that others have added a "spacer washer" on the muffler mount in order to gain clearance between the muffler and the tire. Or... maybe give the muffler a tug, away from the tire?

Just add a couple of washers to the exhaust side of the top rear shock bolt and reduce the thickness of the spacer on the bottom bracket on the rear master cylinder. On an 09 this allows the exhaust to clear the wheel by a long way

Just add a couple of washers to the exhaust side of the top rear shock bolt and reduce the thickness of the spacer on the bottom bracket on the rear master cylinder. On an 09 this allows the exhaust to clear the wheel by a long way

Cheers that has helped a lot.