Ssdt Dvd (trialscentral Version)

bigfoot

Please use this topic for posting feedback on the SSDT DVD after you've watched it. Good, bad or indifferent, it doesn't matter. A pat on the back is nice but Matt and I would like to hear what you think so we can modify our future efforts if needs be. Please tell us what you like and dislike, which clips is your favourite and that sort of thing.

I someone out there would like to do a proper review that would be great. I'd ask Andy to make it a sticky along with the post telling you how to order a copy. If your looking here for that info please go back a page and look for the release topic which contains a link to the order page.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen undedited footage of this year's event and from what I've seen there will be some great footage. I know last year's DVD went down a storm. John & Matt come up every year at their own expense and ask for very little in return for their efforts. Please support them if you can - it'll be well worth that fiver :thumbup:

Very good, impressed with the clarity of the film on the bigger TVs we have now.

I like the zoom out senic shots of riders on course - gives an idea of where the real struggle is!

However, for me, its spoilt by the music. Not the choice of music - that's mostly stuff I like.

But I'd rather hear the bikes and babbling brooks, as if I were a spectator.

Keep the music for intros etc.

If you ever saw the Trials TV crews coverage of the USA WTC rounds you'll see what I'm on about,

Anyway - it looks good & is a bargain.

Edited by motomerlin

Motomerlin

Thanks for the feedback. I agree I'd like to hear the bikes to but in most cases all you can hear on the video sound track is the rushing of water and I mean nothing but loud rushing water. I will however make a better effort next year to reduce the music volume so the bikes can be heard and hopefully the weather will help too. I don't think I like the idea of removing the music altogether as it gets very boring just listening to background noise and the bikes. What does everyone else think?

If you like I'd burn you a free copy without the music track for comparison. Just let me know.

Ive watched some of it and its very good. Im in two minds about the music, it was a very good selection, well chosen. But i can also see the point of having it just with ambient sound.

I think im slightly in favour of having WITH music.

Great job on the DVD though! well worth the money so if you havnt ordered yet, get in quick! its a bargain.

Andy.

I got a lot of video footage of the world round about 2 and a half hours in fact, put it all onto disc without music and for big chunks of it all you can hear is the wind blasting past starts to get a bit annoying. so i think you are better with a bit of back ground music. i thought the music selection was really good apart from 1 track FRANKIE SAYS NOOOO.

Hi

i echo the previous posts, excellent work, very well done.

Got to say the TC dvd and the CJB dvd are really quite different both giving an excellent overview of the SSDT in thier own style.

As for the music debate there were three of us watching your dvd and almost in unison said ''it`s a pity you can`t hear the bikes"

I appreciate how difficult it is with back ground noise and the amount of work that would be involved in choosing the footage where you can

hear bikes and fading in and out from music and back again but if some kind of mix was possible I think it would improve an all-ready great

dvd.

The music choice was great by the way but the sound of a trials bike is also music HaHa

Thanks again

Whiz

Does anyone know who the guy fighting the giraffe in the bog on Wednesday morning is? It was great fun sitting in the sunshine (didn't happen often that week) filming guys trying to make it across that bog. If only they had taken a bit of time and seen that the flagged route for a change took them round the side of it. Most people we saw tried to straight line it. Tip for next year. If you see us filming what appears to be a boring bit of moor land have a thingk about it. It probably isn't as simple as it looks.