New Bike

Hi, I want to buy a new bike Raga 2009 250cc or 300cc and I'm difficult to decide.

I started trials in this spring after 6 years in enduro and mountain bike, with a 300 GasGas 2005 Raga.

I learn some basic trials tehniques, but for advance tehniques I want to know if 250cc can help me more then 300cc or not.

I have 6'2'' and 180 pounds.

I would definately reccomend the 250, I have a 300 and while it suits me fine, and im very happy with it, the 250 had a certain thing about it and it felt better.

go for the 250, you wont regret it. the only downside is that it has a dellorto carb and not a keihin, but if you want you could just fit one anyway.

All the best

Tom

Thank you for your answers.

Because I'm new in this field I don't understand very clear the differences betwin 250cc and 300cc, can you explain more?

In my opinion (MX biker) I did't feel the 300cc stronger for me and I like because the power is smooth.

• 2 weeks later...
Go for a 300, i have one & love it, best bike ever for me!!

ee

I isn't too much in very technical sections? I was this feeling in a wood section It was difficult to control the bike at very slow speed. Maybe less power like 250cc was better ?!

Except this I consider 300cc the best bike.

ee

I isn't too much in very technical sections? I was this feeling in a wood section It was difficult to control the bike at very slow speed. Maybe less power like 250cc was better ?!

Except this I consider 300cc the best bike.

Lower the gearing on the bike then, so it's slower through sections, i have done a few trials on mine & i didn't find it very hard to ride them.

Hi my name is Craig and i own a Gas Gas 250 Pro i lowered the front sprocket down to a ten tooth from the standard 11 tooth on the front and i hardly noticed any difference in the ability to ride through a section slower and on the harder routes the bike ran out of steam very quickly. I found that putting a three mm spacer in the head works brilliantly. The bike runs that little bit softer especially in 1st gear. I also run two base gaskets under the cylinder body. Hope this helps.