Beta 125 Running Rough

bruce67

hi,can anyone help please i bought beta 125 when rideing at low revs bike seems ok but when going up banks at high revs it runs rough as if the chokes on ,it does this in every gear ,new plug fitted ,air filter clean,carb cleaned out but still no luck,also does not need choke to start even if left a week thanks forgot to say when reved and shut of quick you got a lot of popping out of exhaust do no if this makes any difference thanks

Edited by bruce67

Gday, if it doesn't need choke to start it might pay to re-check the carb settings. It could be too rich - I'd check the float level and needle for wear and position. It also might pay to clean the exhaust system, especially if the bike is a few seasons old.

Cheers,

Stork

Similar thing happened to my sons Beta 125. It was the choke not returning to the fully closed position. When you move the lever up to switch the choke off the plunger does not fully close letting the engine run rich and therefore not allowing it to rev out. The choke has a very weak return spiring and the slightest amount of dirt / corrosion affects it.

Take the carb off and clean it all up. Hope this works.

Scragg

Hi Bruce

Just read your post, so thought i would share my findings with you.

I AM NOT TECHNICALLY MINDED THIS IS JUST WHAT I FOUND OUT VIA THE FORUM....

I had exactly the same thing with my rev3 125 and after several helpful posts from various people i think i have it sorted.

As the other person said my choke was not fully closing off so i gave that a good.

I also gave the exhaust a good clean and repacked the silencer which was dripping in oil when i tookk it out.

Installed a brand new air filter oil up how STORK told me to oil it

Installed a new plug

I did also raise the clip on the needle.

Rode a trial last Wednesday evening and it was like riding a different bike, no stopping to change plugs and not oily mess running down over the engine.

Hope this helps as i said i am not technical but really appreciated the advice i was given on here.

Best Regards

Geoff

hi,took bike out today would not start at all,after about an hour swap spark plugs with another beta bike started first kick and ran great,best it has ever been,but after four hours packed up again put in new plug runs great, any ideas anyone would be greatful. thanks