Michelin X11 Rotation Arrow

jandyb

NEVER run with arrow facing wrong way, bike may develop the dreaded "runs in reverse" problem when kick starting from cold.

Always fill with FRENCH AIR, Channel Island's air will do at a push for a limited period

:wacko:

I hope that joke was not on me?? :thumbup:

So why have they put the arrow there? Wanting to sell more tyres? Forgot to remove it (reusing some other tyre making tools)? Any other reason?

-Jan

On cars they are directional because of the way that the manufacture has applied the belts. Hunter (the balancing company) explains it this way. Lets say you have a wire wheel on a cup. You have been using it clock wise for several years. One day you decide to use it counter clock wise. Not good. If Michelin has decided to do this with the x11 that is very interesting. That may mean that the Michelin has a lot of tire wrap and flex in the direction of its rotation. Such as in drag racing. The more flex you have the less resistance to breaking free you have. Hmmmmm.... I don't think i am a good enough of a rider to tell but i would suggest flipping it if needed to see if you feel a difference..... On a car flipping a directional the wrong way can cause delamination. In trials if you have delamination then you have skills i will never posses. :wacko:

good2.jpg

--Biff