Mono Linkage Guard

aardy

Hi folks, I've finally got my ty registered and am now able to use it. Since I have been using it I have been wondering why there is no guard of any sort over the linkages to stop mud and grit getting into the bearings. I know there is not a lot of room but I am thinking a bit of inner tube or the like would be just possible to be squeezed in there. I am new to trials. So is there an obvious reason why not, does it not cause any broblems or what do others do?

Hi

There should be a rubber guard that fits to the bottom of the rear mudguard behind the suspension linkage. If you look at the mudguard you will see 4 holes along the bottom edge, the rubber guard clicks into these holes.

I have a used one which you can have cheap - pm me if you are interesed.

I think they are still available from Yamaha (around

Thanks for that offer but just to say my one does have a small black mud flap thingy attached to the four holes in the mudguard but it doesn't really stop very much as the linkages still get covered in mud. Perhaps my one is torn but it doesn't look like it. I have attached a bit of inner tube just now and will see how it goes - it will probably get ripped off but we'll see. Interested to see you have a ty aswell do you ever get problems with the linkage bearings. Thanks

Stuart

Thanks for that offer but just to say my one does have a small black mud flap thingy attached to the four holes in the mudguard but it doesn't really stop very much as the linkages still get covered in mud. Perhaps my one is torn but it doesn't look like it. I have attached a bit of inner tube just now and will see how it goes - it will probably get ripped off but we'll see. Interested to see you have a ty aswell do you ever get problems with the linkage bearings. Thanks

Stuart

Stuart,

I have a couple of Monos and never had suspension linkage problems. The nice thing about the Mono is the Zerk fittings and when they are lubed, the grease forces out the dirt and water that may have entered, plus providing fresh grease. I have an 85' and 86' and both have the original linkage bearings, which are checked often.

Jon