Fitting Digital Speedo

aardy

Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried fitting a wireless digital speedo to a 2 stroke. I got one but before I take it out of its packet (and loose the possibility of taking it back !), has anyone tried it or does the 2 stroke interfeer with it? Thanks.

I fitted on to mine for the MOT (although I don't think you have to have one?) it looked brilliant and was easy to calibrate but as soon as I started the bike, the readout loked more like a rev counter. I could get up to 99mph with the bike still in neutral!

It was a waste of

• 4 weeks later...

Well I went and tried it. (fingers crossed and a few prayers) and and and................. It does actually work perfectly. Only bother I can see is that the sensor itself looks pretty vulnerable to any knocks. I mounted it on the front of the forks so that if it does get hit then the wheel rotation will knock it out of the way, rather than the spokes mashing it into the fork sliders. Only bother with this way is that it has no protection from vegetation or anything. Anyone any experience of where to fit the sensor?

Bye the way it was the halfords one at about