Ty175 Flywheel Skimming

ausy300pro

Has anyone taken weight off the flywheel to help the response at the bottom end, I am about to have mine skimmed but will guess how much weight/material to remove unless anyone has previous experience and can help out with the amount of material/weight I should be removing, thanks for any input

Spoke to my mate in Canberra. Did similar to what subanator has done on the face but also skimmed the top edge of the flywheel weight down about 5mm leaving about 2mm to the closest hole. He then raised the pilot jet by one size and set his clip on the needle to the lowest point raising the needle fully and said it has become a lot more responsive on tight sections. Hope this helps.

Thanks

great info just what I was looking for, any problems with balance ? I notice the drillings for balance on flywheel will probably be machined out with skimming, I will mark the position of holes just in case it shakes like a 500 single when skimming is done. (been away hence not been able to reply) thanks again.

• 3 years later...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2157

The only info on this subject I've gleaned is from from this site, although no pictures and we all know how important pictures are, they speak volumes !!!!

So after " Skimming a spare flywheel " yesterday to basic specs detailed on this site, thought I would post pictures of finished item,

( I wish I had taken a before shot aswell !!! Sorry about that , but I will post a picture of the "stock" one on my bike when I swap them over )

Flywheel original diameter was 130.14mm , turned down to 124.52mm

Flywheel original thickness was 15.4mm , turned down ( Faced ) to 11.17mm leaving approx 0.35mm from rivets

Tryed to post pics with this draft to no avail , click on my picture link for piccies

Edited by buelligan

• 1 year later...