Gas Gas 250 Txt Pro Gearing

zo9

Hi my name is craig i own a Gas Gas txt pro i am running standard gearing 42 tooth rear sprocket and a 11 tooth front sprocket but the bike while riding always seems to be reving quite high while riding compared to other bikes. But i havent riden many other bikes so i cant really compare. Any infomation or gearing advice.

I new some one was going to say that but no matter what gear im in it still seems to rev high jetting is standard. I have just put a s3 piston kit in it so its got plenty of poke all right.

When I read your OP, I thought you were complaining that it was geared too low. I figured, wow, you must really carry alot of speed in the sections if your reving it real high with that gearing. The 11/42 is great on a 300, but too tall for the 250 IMO. Most folks run the 10T as Jordi mentioned above. I like the 43 on the rear as well (the old stock gearing was 11/43)

I find when i ride my favourite route at most clubs the 50/50 i find taller gearing to have a better feel to me especially off the bottom. I will try the ten tooth front sprocket on the bike and see how it runs. Thanks for the info