37a Trials Gearing

mta

I am in the middle of restoring a 64 Dot with 37a square barrel motor for classic pre65 trials competion here in Australia,but it is hard to get any info over here.

I need to known the best set up for trials gearing,primary ,secondaty ,gearbox ratios etc,,,it looks like this motor has been played around with so need to known the the best set up for trials and where to get sprockets gears etc.

Many thanks in advance Peter

Hi Peter, I cannot help you myself but if you go to www.rockshocks.co.uk the site of John Bull you will find pics of Dots which he makes. His e-mail address is on site and he may be able to help you, or point you in the direction of someone who can. Or you could try villiersservices.co.uk who make up villiers engines. Their e-mail address is on the site. Or google 'nametab engineering' and talk to simon. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello Peter and Steve. I am the Competition Secretary for The Dot Motorcycle Club. I am very keen to hear from Dot riders world wide for my column in the Dot Club Journal, and so details of your rebuilds and events would be more than welcome. Thank you. Best Wishes.