Advice On Buying My First Bike

b6mfd

Hi all, ever since i was a kid i wanted a trials bike, i used to love watching Kick start (if anyone remembers that?).

Now im not a kid id like to get into trials, however the only bikes iv ridden are Honda Pedal and Pop, and a Honda CB100N road bike (used as a field bike, gypo style), so im inexperienced to say the least.

I would like some help in know what to go for as a first bike, what engine size etc. Im going to have to try to keep the budget down incase i truely suck at it and end up breaking something.

Any comments or suggestion would be much appreciated.

oh and if iv posted in the wrong section, please let me know and i will try to move it.

Ash

Edited by B6MFD

There is a huddersfield falcon club...http://www.falconmcc.co.uk/ and they are holding a trial on sunday at crossland moor, I won't be there but these guys are great and really helpful, just pop along and have a look, and while you are there try and grab a go on someones bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone tell me if a 125 beta rev 3 would be any good for a first bike? or would i be better getting a 250? iv been offered a 125 at a good price, but im wondering wether to save a bit more and go for a 250.

Could anyone tell me if a 125 beta rev 3 would be any good for a first bike? or would i be better getting a 250? iv been offered a 125 at a good price, but im wondering wether to save a bit more and go for a 250.
a 125 will help teach you what you need to know ,if it is the right price that is a good a reason as any, lots of people get hung up on engine size, a 125 in th eright hands will go anywhere ,good luck and tell us how you get on .

Thanks, i went to watch a trials event on sunday, and got talking to a guy, who also advised me to go down the dirction of the Montesa 315......the beta 125 was a total waste of time, sounded terrible.

Guest tobeee

If you wander round long enough you'll meet a bloke from each camp! Best advice is to try one of each and see which feels best to YOU! They really all do feel differerent but are all as good as each other at most peoples' level of ability.