Swing Arm Problem Or Not ?

m0agi

Hi There

Wonder if anyone can help me here.

My boy has a TXT 125 2003 Gas Gas and when i was washing it earlier i had it on a stand with the rear wheel off the ground and noticed if i lifted the rear wheel it lifted a bit before coming up tight. If it is on the ground you can notice the wheel dropping slightly if you raise the wheel off the ground.

There is no Side to Side movement i can see some slack in the linkage which attaches to the rear shock.

Wonder if any one has any comments on this. It may be normal i do not know, If it is not can anyone point me in the direction of the problem.

ie. Swing arm bearings, linkage etc.

Many Thanks

Geoff

Hay,

Sounds like the bearings in the linkage, as i just had to replace them, and good thing to as when it came to bits, all the needle bearings dropped to bits, but by the sounds of things i left mine a bit longer as there was quite alot of play.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There

Wonder if anyone can help me here.

My boy has a TXT 125 2003 Gas Gas and when i was washing it earlier i had it on a stand with the rear wheel off the ground and noticed if i lifted the rear wheel it lifted a bit before coming up tight. If it is on the ground you can notice the wheel dropping slightly if you raise the wheel off the ground.

There is no Side to Side movement i can see some slack in the linkage which attaches to the rear shock.

Wonder if any one has any comments on this. It may be normal i do not know, If it is not can anyone point me in the direction of the problem.

ie. Swing arm bearings, linkage etc.

Many Thanks

Geoff

My understanding is that this is completely normal. It's also normal for the needle bearings to fall out when you regrease--they do go back in.

Lateral play is the real nemisis-- main swingarm bearings.