Sherco Access!?

shercorider

I had a newsletter from Sherco in spannish yesterday. It says Sherco are releasing a 2010 budgetversion called Sherco Access with the "old" chassis with the 2,5 and 2,9 twostroke engines (Not the 3,2 4T). The price of the bike is very attractive but my question is what components are changed on the bike? Are they the same as on the 2009 bikes or are they replaced with cheap crappy parts just to cut the price?

no crappy parts, but parts from 2006 and 2005 .. They where not happy with the price of Xispa trialbikes and this is the answer from Sherco.

3990 euros, at this moment the same in pounds i gues. It has a 2009 frame and 2009 engine, but a lot of other parts are from 2006 and 2005. They have a bit overstock .

I think it is good they are doing another budget bike. None of these parts are inferior really. One of our local experts got one las year, he loves it!

Course, he can ride anythin and make it look good!

He's of the 4T Scorpa though, so it is a feather! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

None of the 2009 UK bikes came with the alloy stand, they are also on the steel foot pegs, have the non switch able map ignitions and have solid disc's, this was all done to keep the UK price down.

There is nothing wrong with the steel stand, the alloy stand is lighter but I doubt you will notice it when riding and if your that serious you will take it off anyway. Oh and they are over a

None of the 2009 UK bikes came with the alloy stand, they are also on the steel foot pegs, have the non switch able map ignitions and have solid disc's, this was all done to keep the UK price down.

Is that the case for all 2009 Shercos from the start of the model year, or just the ones that were heavily discounted by BVM and Appleyard from the middle of this year ? All the 2009 290's had the new spec motor and suspension ?

Is that the case for all 2009 Shercos from the start of the model year, or just the ones that were heavily discounted by BVM and Appleyard from the middle of this year ? All the 2009 290's had the new spec motor and suspension ?

New spec is not so much new as different. Might not be better either?

mine wasn't from BVM or appleyard (even though BVM are my local dealer they couldn't get a 250) had to travel to the South East to Gordon Farley (top service by the way).

As far as I know BVM aren't selling "special's" have spoken to Paul (principal) when looking at the 290's and am buying a new bike for my son from BVM, they are an excellent dealer (hence why they sell more trials than anyone esle in the UK).

Interested as to when they dropped the alloy stand as at a trail last week one of the other riders had a late '08 250 which he had put 09 graphics on, this had the alloy stand.

All of them that are official UK bikes apart from the Racing version and I think Graham Jarvis had one with all the other bits on.

Yeah they all had the new engine and a new delta link in the rear suspension.

Edited by trialsnutterman