08 Beta 4t Or 08 Sherco 320 4t

gazzaecowarrior

• 3 months later...

Hello

afther reading comments off the experienced trials rides in the UK a bought myself saturday also a Beta Rev 3 4 stroke.

My first bike and it's verry smooth to handle. I have on time rode on a gasgas but that's to agressive for my.

My friend who have a sherco also tried the Beta and would like to change his bike for....a Beta.

Greathings

Luc te Belgium trials rider.

• 1 year later...

Hello

afther reading comments off the experienced trials rides in the UK a bought myself saturday also a Beta Rev 3 4 stroke.

My first bike and it's verry smooth to handle. I have on time rode on a gasgas but that's to agressive for my.

My friend who have a sherco also tried the Beta and would like to change his bike for....a Beta.

Greathings

Luc te Belgium trials rider.

Do you buy a 250 or 300 Beta Rev4? I'm also looking for a Beta Rev4.

Bakkertjedeeg

The Netherlands

The 250 is very soft and gentile, like a 200 2T, while the 300 has a lot more torque and power. Depends upon what you want.!!!!!

Thanks for your answer. That's the comparison where I'm looking for. I have now a Rev3 250 2T. I have ridden on a Evo 300 and that was perfect! Then my goal is definitley a 300 Beta. I need the torque to compensate my skills.... :)

Edited by Bakkertjedeeg

300 beta rev 4 every time, i had a go on a sherco 4 stroke and it was hard work

after 10 or 15 mins riding i was shattered. even the guy whos bike was spent alot of

time resting whilst i was still riding

jsp

I'd definatly agree with that, I had a go on a Sherco 320 a while back & it was very hard work & rode horrible.

Come on ben MAN Up ,, A well setup 320 is the best four stroke going.. :thumbup::thumbup:

You need to at the top of your game to have a good days rideing on one...when its good its very very good,but when you let them boss you about,they bite....

Edited by MIKEE
  • Like 1

Come on ben MAN Up ,, A well setup 320 is the best four stroke going.. :thumbup::thumbup:

You need to at the top of your game to have a good days rideing on one...when its good its very very good,but when you let them boss you about,they bite....

Haha Mike, You've got a good point there actually, I find the only problem with the 320 Sherco, Is that they have so much power, That it's unusable, I were riding about with a couple of lads last week who both had one & everywhere they were just spinning up all the time, Do you not find that the viberation through your feet & your hands is bad? Last time I had a go on one it felt as though I was riding a Jackhammer lol,

Ever had a go on an Evo 300 4T, with an Arrow silencer on it?, You'll love that. They've got mental power as well but is more usuable.

So I take it you're enjoying the Sherco then? But what happened to the Gasser 225? Bit of a big step up isn't it?

Bought a 08 rev 4. Pick it up saturday. Will keep you posted as to how it all goes. Very excited !!! Also have any of you guys had trouble with the kickstart rubbing the frame. The guy who I have bought it off said that he had to file down the kickstart to make it a good fit. This is despite it being a modified kickstart which beta supplied. Any other things i need to be carefull with ?

Gareth

This means the kick start has not had the factory upgrade. Your frame will be fine (mine has the marks and no issues) but you kick start is likely to fail at the knuckle. Get the kit and remove the RHS engine cover. Not a big job but you'll have to remove the clutch basket with and air impact wrench.

Set the suspension to 1/3 sag when you stand on the bike. Be very!!!!!! accurate with this setting.

Do the clutch mod as at the top of the Beta Forum

Do the hot start jet mod as in the top of the beta forum

Fit a quality kill button and put the Beta unit in the bin.

Adjust the valves buy rocking the engine forward around the swing arm pivot (i think)..... leave the radiator connected to the engine.

Lube the swing arm and steering head bearings. Change the fork oils. Rear shock has a rebound adjuster at the top of the shock - if this has no effect on rebound speed you need a shock rebuild

Finally...... Raise the needle all the way. Right to the top (clip at the bottom). Now get a Jitse fuel screw for setting the mixture (approx 2.5-3 turns out)

BRILLIANT bike. You'll love it

Ralphy

Edited by NZRalphy

• 4 weeks later...

To tell the truth I have rode all the aforementioned bikes quite recently too as ive been going out with a large group of lads who all let me have a go at one point or another, I like the beta its smooth and forgiving, also the build quality is nice.

The sherco is an aggressive animal which i also got along with well for the half hour I had on it, to be honest it is definately one of the better looking trials bikes out there.

The beta evo I had a go of just last week for about 20 minutes and it felt so nice, very controlled and never felt like you were in any danger on it no matter what you were doing, it also looks the dogs B**locks.

The Montesa is a tried and tested bullet proof tank that just works. I own the repsol 2007 model and I'll be honest I've had it a year and im only just about 99% used to it, I still learn something new about it every weekend.

I would suggest to anyone to try all the bikes you can one after the other and go with the one that YOU find the best as I dont think taking advice off others just because they have one means it will be the same for you. I have also owned a 2009 Gas Gas Pro which was amazing and very light.

At the end of the day I like the montesa as its HRC built and I dont have to get my tools out after every outing, in fact so far i've got them out to fix a puncture and just this weekend I broke the spring retainer on the rear chain tensioner, apart from regular service maintenance thats it...in a year not bad!! Whatever you end up buying im sure youll grow to love it ;)