Evo Aftermarket Pipe

doogle

Resurrecting an old thread I found, any one have anything to say about pipes for Evo 290?

The only pipe i would use if your looking for more torque is the ti expansion chamber pipe from Beta. "Only because its quiet and doesnt need a heat shield and it works" Unless your trying to slow down the delivery. Then maybe the S3 header "loud" or just use the boyeson #112 reed or add more flywheel weight. What do you want from the engine that it is not currently doing? As an 09 if it has never been serviced it may need a piston and rings. You can also can replace the stock very thick base gasket for the thin gasket that beta makes for more bottom torque. I hear Boyeson has a new reed for more torque. The V-Force reed works. i installed one on my rev3 250. You could also remove the clutch side flywheel for quicker spool up. I did this to my rev 3 250 and noticed a quicker engine response. I have an 09 EVO 290. And ride at very high altitude. I have had to do some minor mods to make it work for me. I still use the stock exhaust and don't plan to change it.

Edited by liviob

The only pipe i would use if your looking for more torque is the ti expansion chamber pipe from Beta. "Only because its quiet and doesnt need a heat shield and it works" Unless your trying to slow down the delivery. Then maybe the S3 header "loud" or just use the boyeson #112 reed or add more flywheel weight. What do you want from the engine that it is not currently doing? As an 09 if it has never been serviced it may need a piston and rings. You can also can replace the stock very thick base gasket for the thin gasket that beta makes for more bottom torque. I hear Boyeson has a new reed for more torque. The V-Force reed works. i installed one on my rev3 250. You could also remove the clutch side flywheel for quicker spool up. I did this to my rev 3 250 and noticed a quicker engine response. I have an 09 EVO 290. And ride at very high altitude. I have had to do some minor mods to make it work for me. I still use the stock exhaust and don't plan to change it.

I did have the Ti exp from Beta before and did not found any change in torque or power except of weight saving.

The Arrow /Bosi pipe was originally only available as a complete system, but now you can buy a header pipe only that is built to work with the original Beta silencer. I bought one, and my experience is that it tones down the power. It is very smooth down low, but actually less hit. It is very light, and fits great. I think it is good for slippery conditions, or if you feel your motor power delivery is too much. I have a 250, and went back to the stock pipe, but I think the pipe has it's place for 300's or beginners or slippery conditions. If you're interested in a used Bosi header pipe for stock silencer, PM me.

I did have the Ti exp from Beta before and did not found any change in torque or power except of weight saving.

Interesting? I met a fella at the nationals a few years ago who had one mounted on his 09. He said it increased bottom & mid torque.