Not Looking Too Good ?

andy m

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not looking too good????

An interesting conclusion - if it were any other brand with a bunch of rider prefered extra's - wheels, bars, and carby and some blinged up plastics most byers would say 'you beauty a bargain...'

Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

Ten trials from new and the new rear tyre has done one of them. Goodness me, what kind of use has it had to need a new tyre after just nine trials?

Probably had a good hammering which is why it needed wheels a carb n shock ?? :)

9 trials and then replaced rear tire. does not mention how much practice time. # of trials is not indicative of amount of actual riding. Also some replace the rear tire to entice a sale.

HMMM new plastics for a bit of bling, I seem to remember many TC members changing plastics/graphics just for the hell of it and make it more personalized.

I don't know what shock comes standard but if it is a different one now, just think how many TC threads are dedicated to changing to a different shock than stock.

Dellorto carb to soften power....OK so they went the other way than what a lot of Sherco owners are doing, How many Sherco owners are putting on Kehins?

GasGas wheels????????? is their really any difference to standard wheels all I know is monts use a different rim.

Give it a chance, go ride one, then if it performs like crap, well than state it performed like crap. If it rides well than state it rides well.

At least when someone says Gassers have problems with gearbox their is quite a few that did.

and Beta has a carb that p****s like a drunk with bladder control issues at least that has been well documented.

montesa 4 stroke is heavy and complicated.

Sherco has problems with idle and main bearings

Scorpa well they are just odd.

Anyways the list goes on and on.

I have not ridden or seen one in the flesh so therefore I reserve judgment until I do.

The biggest problem I have with the listing is it states "Xispa/Sherco" it is NOT a Sherco. The seller is misrepresenting their bike.

Edited by ZIPPY

When the fooking 4RT came out, no one would buy them! Drove the US importer into desparation!

Once folks started throwing them against some rocks they figured them out!

The Xispa has more proven technology than most, there may be some bugs, but only time and riders will tell. And if anyone thinks the high performance Spanish or Italian rock bashers are perfect, think again! Their average duty cycle is limited without some work!

And if anyone thinks any of those are built for maximum reliability or low maintenance, you are just daft! They all have their quirks!

As posted elswhere - mine gets it's first proper outing in the NSW Championships this weekend - I'll give some some feedback - the good the bad and ugly- after that. I'm sure that like all bikes it won't be perfect, but it's performd really well in parctice so stay tuned...

Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

My sons EVO has got through 4 front guards, two rear guards, one swinging arm, one frame and still p****s out fuel.........

Does this make it a bad bike ummmmmmmmmm!! :)

Thank god my odd!! 250R Scorpa can still finish a trial, must be the rider since the engines so old and it looks heavy etc: etc:

The Xispa's will have a few teething problems but the quality of the finished product should have been better vis a vis EVO,

I see Sherco are selling a new cut price 250/290 here in Aus I know what one i'd pick Xispa Vs last years Sherco.

I hammered a rear tire on the reeth 3 day so thats possible, for gods sake give the bikes a proper chance before you slate em.

Hey, I wasn't slatting the bike!

If someone uses the fact that a bike has only done ten trials from new as a selling point but then says in the advert that it had a new tyre one trial ago, I think it's a fair question to ask "what work has the bike done to use a rear tyre in only nine trials?"

Nine British Championship rounds are a lot different to nine club trials on the easy route!

I know the bike and I know the owner. It has only done club trials, the suspension and wheel changes were an upgrade on the standard Xispa, the rest is just bling !!!!

As for changing the tyre, I usually grab his old tyres as I can run a twinshock on them for a season no problem.

Cheers

Martin

I know the bike and I know the owner. It has only done club trials, the suspension and wheel changes were an upgrade on the standard Xispa, the rest is just bling !!!!

As for changing the tyre, I usually grab his old tyres as I can run a twinshock on them for a season no problem.

Cheers

Martin

i love the facts, thanks martin, my two XiSPA's (250 and 280) have had a few teething issues but my son's 250 has seen 4 trials so far and he rides it 2-3 hours a day with out exaggeration. Needless to say he's riding it like any 18 year old would. XiSPA Spain are very good to work with and whatever teething issues are resolved. Just some more facts from someone who has a few XiSPA's.

best regards

bob

9 trials and then replaced rear tire. does not mention how much practice time. # of trials is not indicative of amount of actual riding. Also some replace the rear tire to entice a sale.

HMMM new plastics for a bit of bling, I seem to remember many TC members changing plastics/graphics just for the hell of it and make it more personalized.

I don't know what shock comes standard but if it is a different one now, just think how many TC threads are dedicated to changing to a different shock than stock.

Dellorto carb to soften power....OK so they went the other way than what a lot of Sherco owners are doing, How many Sherco owners are putting on Kehins?

GasGas wheels????????? is their really any difference to standard wheels all I know is monts use a different rim.

Give it a chance, go ride one, then if it performs like crap, well than state it performed like crap. If it rides well than state it rides well.

At least when someone says Gassers have problems with gearbox their is quite a few that did.

and Beta has a carb that p****s like a drunk with bladder control issues at least that has been well documented.

montesa 4 stroke is heavy and complicated.

Sherco has problems with idle and main bearings

Scorpa well they are just odd.

Anyways the list goes on and on.

I have not ridden or seen one in the flesh so therefore I reserve judgment until I do.

The biggest problem I have with the listing is it states "Xispa/Sherco" it is NOT a Sherco. The seller is misrepresenting their bike.

hi zippy, i asked for you at the Windsor trial in Aug., i had my 250 XiSPA there, a number of experts tried it out etc. i hope to make my way to one of your trials in Michigan, to answer, it has a Paioli linkless shock, OKO 28mm carb that works excellent.

cheers

bob

Hey Borus,

Thanks for thinking of me, I have the same problem as many others this year..........poor economy = less fun. Also have not got a passport yet. I always enjoy the Windsor event, those crazy Canadians always put on a fun event.