Honda Tlr Prices

johnnyboxer

There is a very nice looking Seeley on ebay at the moment and the bidding is just about to start launching skywards by the look of it (and I mean nice in appearance, not condition as that is hard to tell from photos)

What you can see from the photos is the Ossa forks and front wheel.......

Not quite original spec. then

' What we are seeing with twinshock prices are the same pattern that Pre65's experienced a few years ago, they are all increasing in value as the bikes become more collectable and difficult to find.'

My thoughts exactly, Martin

I'm glad that I've got a TLR200 Reflex, Majesty and mint TY175 in my stable then...........could be 'money in the bank' for the future.

Where is the Seeley at on Ebay? I searched all spellings of "seeley", "trials", and "honda", with no results found.

Mine could do with a cam chain, does anyone know which other bikes had the same cam chain, I have heard XL 185 mentioned, but don't know for sure, and as it's running at the minute, I don't want to strip it down, then find out I can't find a chain.

:(

Having just sold a Scorpa 125 and having owned two TLR Honda in the past, in my view there is only one clear winner...The Scorpa!! (ducking for cover :( )

Jesus, 20 years development to try and beat a TLR and they still haven't managed it!!!!! :D God bless the French!

i am looking at buying an 80's honda 200 reflex. it is in excellent condition.

what should i look for as far as problem areas also the price is $1500, is that a fair price ?

$1500 for an excellent condition Reflex is in the range. Most that I have seen are somewhat dented up. These bikes are very durable and I don't think there are any specific weak points. Some noise in the top ends seems common. I don't know if it is valves or cam chain. Earlier Honda street bikes were known for cam chain noise but it did not cause any problems.

I love my TLR 250,soft, pliable bit of oomph when needed. I does everything I need from a bike. Only issue I have is the prices of some spares and as said already, some are getting a little bit rare.

My engine is about to get stripped to see if I can solve the smoking, hopefully simple like a jammed piston ring which is salvagable other wise it's about