Which Bike For A 12 Yr Old

helimed98

Hi i am new to trialing and wanted to know which bike to get for my 12 yr old son, i have been offered a gasgas 125 for a very good price but understand he might not be able to compete till he is 13, but apparantly some clubs will let him compete at 12 on a 125cc i didn't want to buy a 80cc only to have to buy a bigger one in a few months.

Many thanks

Hi

Look in the ACU handbook or on the website. This will tell you what class your son is in. If he is a C Class ride, then he will have to ride an 80cc until the 1st January and then he will be able to ride a 125cc. There is no getting round this, it is a requirement that you ride the bike capacity for the age of the child. No club should let a C Class rider ride on a 125cc in a trial.

Yep, worst case, if he was 12 this year, he's got to wait a couple of months until he can compete on it. Certainly not worth buying a smaller bike with just 2 months to wait.

Maybe buy it and take him out practicing for a bit, then he's all ready to go in January.

Or get it, store it, and give him it for xmas?