Bikes In A Pickup?

sawtooth

The easy answer would be to go to a local meet and observe how other fello riders transport their bikes. I regularily haul two bikes in my pickup and made a bed width bracket of 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 square tubing with two sets of tabs to accept the front tires. It's bolted to the front of the bed.

I have a VW Rabbit pickup that is really small but I can get 2 bikes in and close the tailgate. What I do is put the bikes in with the front wheel turned sharply into the front corner of the box. The bike is not 6 ft. long when the wheel is turned.

Some good info, i can get one bike in as it is if i have it on a slight angle. Am in the middle of fabricating something similar (but better) to the Fuse Powersports Box Bar above for when i have 2 bikes.

Edited by SawTooth

• 1 year later...

I live here in the states and to get from event to event with two bikes i have a 85 chevy pickup standard cab standard box pickup and i can easily take two to three bikes to any event. Im in the process of building a wheel chock that bolts into the bed where and existing light bar used to be.