2010 Xispa

ham2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying he is or isn't biased or your saying he didn't buy it?

Does the same "friend" import scorpa? (your bike?)

Jeez Nigel..... what is it with the freek'n conspiracy theory.... it is a good - well written report. You don't have to agree with it.

This is a friendly site. Try acting friendly.

the more riders buying Xispas must surely bring the price of the others makes down.

Or it could go the other way,the more Xispa's bought could force all the manufacture's to build new 4 year old models and put them on the market matching Xispa's price,leaving the latest upto date bikes going up in price?

Or it could go the other way,the more Xispa's bought could force all the manufacture's to build new 4 year old models and put them on the market matching Xispa's price,leaving the latest upto date bikes going up in price?

personally i think good competition in any market place at any level is always good for the consumer. :thumbup:

best regards

bob

If I was to come on here and say that the new bike I have is really good it would not have the same value as if I was writing a report on a sherco and xispa comparison. My mate sells me bikes and if I was to come on here and say everyone on here should buy bikes from him then again that would be wrong.

My issue was paul's report was initially flagged up as "unbiased" whereas no one knew of his status outside of aus and as all have stated he is a pal and he owns the bike.

this is not to take issue with xispa, paul or the importer just to put it in context.

Hi Guys

Seems the word "unbiased" was a poor choice of words on my behalf!!!!

Seeing it was a great owner/rider report on how Paul has found the bike since getting it, I thought everyone might be interested in it considering the scarcity of the bikes overseas.

My apologises to Paul and everyone for the agro it has caused!!!!

Kal

Looks like xispa forgot the UK trials mating rituals...or maybe there is a back story which explains the emotion. It's no Ossa, but the machine appears respectable---in my mind looks better than the new sherco anyway (talking looks here). The tubular frame fad--well the sherco looks like they built the frame, and then remembered it also had a radiator--no worries we'll just bolt it on. Hangs out a fair bit with no protection, but oh well, lets put the gas in the exhaust pipe and they will never notice the radiator.

IMG_6121.jpg

Should we not be encouraging new manufacturers into the sport of trials.

In fact shouldn't we be encouraging a new country such as China to take up the sport of trials.

I've just spent seven months in China and saw quite a few chinese riding bicycle trials and they where good at it.

I was told there where a few who had moto trials but I never got the chance to go and see them.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like xispa forgot the UK trials mating rituals...or maybe there is a back story which explains the emotion. It's no Ossa, but the machine appears respectable---in my mind looks better than the new sherco anyway (talking looks here). The tubular frame fad--well the sherco looks like they built the frame, and then remembered it also had a radiator--no worries we'll just bolt it on. Hangs out a fair bit with no protection, but oh well, lets put the gas in the exhaust pipe and they will never notice the radiator.

IMG_6121.jpg

Totally agree with you the Sherco is an absolute howler (to look at) could be awesome to ride though..

I also think that the Xispa looks nice - dated now as it is cleary Sherco-esque - however it does not ride to great according to people that have owned/tested them, main problem appears to be suspension...

Should we not be encouraging new manufacturers into the sport of trials.

In fact shouldn't we be encouraging a new country such as China to take up the sport of trials.

I've just spent seven months in China and saw quite a few chinese riding bicycle trials and they where good at it.

I was told there where a few who had moto trials but I never got the chance to go and see them.

Xispa is a Spanish company.

I understand that they are made in Spain using various componentry from well known manufacturers.

Probably some parts are made in China (maybe plastics etc) just like all the other brands.

I don't know where everyone gets the idea that they are made in China , but I bet Xispa get sick of hearing it.

I'm sure this 'made in china' rumour has not helped Xispa at all.

Xispa is a Spanish company.

I understand that they are made in Spain using various componentry from well known manufacturers.

Probably some parts are made in China (maybe plastics etc) just like all the other brands.

I don't know where everyone gets the idea that they are made in China , but I bet Xispa get sick of hearing it.

I'm sure this 'made in china' rumour has not helped Xispa at all.

I would like to try one aswell.

Anyone know where the engines come from? (don't say from Sherco blueprints :D )or the OKO carb'? or the forks?

I genuinely would love to see a Xispa version of this video .It'll probably be a pirate :) (sorry I just couldn't resist).

Sherco factory

Edited by HAM2