2010 Xispa

ham2

Rest assured that if the Xispa was made by one of the Jap factories, everyone would be falling all over it with praise and forgiving all the faults as "a good first effort" . My kids Yamaha TTR-125 has a stamp on the motor saying "Made in Brazil". Looks to me like the same motor that is in the Scorpa 125. Here in the states, new cars have stickers telling what percentage of the vehicle is U.S. Made and what percent Foreign Made. Maybe we would all feel better if Trials manufactures did the same!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so down on Xispa for buying parts from cheap sources?

Gas Gas has sourced its bearings from Russia, crankcase were made at the old cz factory, linkage didn't even have bearings !!! and no one complained. GasGas invented the low cost/low quality trials bike and people loved the bike!

Why is everyone so down on Xispa for buying parts from cheap sources?

Gas Gas has sourced its bearings from Russia, crankcase were made at the old cz factory, linkage didn't even have bearings !!! and no one complained. GasGas invented the low cost/low quality trials bike and people loved the bike!

I think the animosity is because it is a very direct copy of the sherco and as far as british people are concerned its not fair play.

get off the computer, you still havent fitted the tyre !! B)

Everyones still asleep,partied-out.

I'm trying to fit a silencer to my compressor :)

Another half an hour and I'm putting ACDC (back in black just like a Xispa) on at full blast as a bugle call!!!

Edited by HAM2

Xispa is a Spanish company.

I understand that they are made in Spain using various componentry from well known manufacturers.

Probably some parts are made in China (maybe plastics etc) just like all the other brands.

I don't know where everyone gets the idea that they are made in China , but I bet Xispa get sick of hearing it.

I'm sure this 'made in china' rumour has not helped Xispa at all.

Ok you tell me where the frame,engine and forks are made.I'd say they make up the most important parts of a motorcycle?

News flash alot of foreign cars are made in China.Also South America and South Africa.

Hell Geely (Chinese car manufacturer) just bought Volvo.

Had to laugh when the Chinese got pi**** off with USA imposing high tariffs on imported Chinese tyres and the Chinese came back with high tariffs on imported American cars.America could not care less.China only imports 6% of American cars made in USA..GM and Chrysler and Ford already have manufacturing plants in China.So no import tariffs on these vehicles.

To large a market to ignore.

The Chinese in 2009 was the worlds largest buyers of cars surpassing the USA.

Edited by bigdamo

Hell Geely (Chinese car manufacturer) just bought Volvo.

Who want's a Volvo,there the most over rated lump of metal on the roads today.We've probaly seen the best of Volvo years ago.

I don't really care what comes from what country to be honest,lets just make it something diffrent.

Who want's a Volvo,there the most over rated lump of metal on the roads today.We've probaly seen the best of Volvo years ago.

I don't really care what comes from what country to be honest,lets just make it something diffrent.

Same as Hummer who the Chinese bought.

I think the animosity is because it is a very direct copy of the sherco and as far as british people are concerned its not fair play.

That and you're more likely to see Elvis :lol: . I'm not sure how many countries actually get them

• 2 weeks later...

copemech Posted Yesterday, 11:24 PM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Jan 4 2010, 08:43 PM) *

You would not believe the amount of trouble one can get into for trying to buy a Chinese hummer! ohmy.gif

How do you know? rolleyes.gif

Damn, that took long enough for a response from somebody. :huh:

Knew you would appreciate it Copey.

Edited by ZIPPY