Beta Rev 4t Long Range Kit Vs Montesa 4rt Hm Kit

davidc

• 3 weeks later...

Beta = New, light, Good traction off idle, narrow, tight!!!! turning circle, 5k quid.

Mont = Old design, bit heavier, Heavier steering is a bit heavy, can be a little abrupt off idle, 6.5k quid.

Both are jetted well and will do upwards of 800-1000 hours of work before major work is needed.

Not a difficult equation

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the HM kit for the Montesa can still be purchased new, but direct from Italy as I believe Sandifords don't carry it anymore.

was in spain last week and watched a guy fit an HM kit to a 4rt, looked good. Would have thought 5 litres of fuel would get you nearer 100 miles.

As a trail bike I think the 4rt would take some beating.

• 5 years later...

I had a KTM exc-f 350. What was I thinking! The 4RT and HM combo is brilliant for trails and off the trails. If you've got nothing but fast lanes the any KTM will be more comfortable, but if you have a mix of technical bits the only option is the Honda, for me at least. I say "wouldn't have done that on the 350" a LOT!

The Mont will do 25 miles of roadwork on 2.1l of fuel being ridden flat out on std gearing . Std gearing will push 70mph on soft tyres.

With the correct gearing, maybe 34 or36 on the rear and a set of trail tyres it would be an absolute blast!

I have done about 27 miles on a single tank riding my 07 4RT and had 2 fuel bottles with me for extra range ending in about 38 miles of trail riding that day on under 3l used.  I would love an HM and have it on the list for Christmas...  :thumbup: