Sherco 125 Cdi Unit

montyb

The Ducati coil that millerme mentioned will only fit the early bikes upto sometime in 2002 I think, if yours is blue it will fit, if it's black you will need the Lenonelli one.

It's more likely to be the stator plate that has gone, I'd check that first using the diode check mode on a multi meter, you should get reading something like this, don't worry about exact numbers if it is somewhere in the same region.

using the red lead to the plug terminals and black to earth.

Blue no reading (sometimes shown as 1 or error)

brown 1000 to 1600

black 1050 to 1650

using the leads the other way around i.e. black lead to the coloured wires, red to earth.

Blue 600 to 730

brown 650 to 770

black 650 to 770

The Ducati coil that millerme mentioned will only fit the early bikes upto sometime in 2002 I think, if yours is blue it will fit, if it's black you will need the Lenonelli one.

It's more likely to be the stator plate that has gone, I'd check that first using the diode check mode on a multi meter, you should get reading something like this, don't worry about exact numbers if it is somewhere in the same region.

brown 1000 to 1600

black 1050 to 1650

using the leads the other way around i.e. black lead to the coloured wires, red to earth.

Blue 600 to 730

brown 650 to 770

black 650 to 770

MANY THANKS VERY GRATEFUL WILL GIVE THAT A GO

brown 1000 to 1600

black 1050 to 1650

Blue 600 to 730

brown 650 to 770

black 650 to 770

MANY THANKS VERY GRATEFUL WILL GIVE IT A GO

brown 1000 to 1600

black 1050 to 1650

Blue 600 to 730

brown 650 to 770

black 650 to 770

thats a good point but surely its right in working backwards through the problem i.e from the plug etc the lead to the CDI ??? Or is your way from experiance ? just curious ??

• 7 years later...
On 21/11/2009 at 11:44 PM, chrisb583 said:

brown 1000 to 1600

black 1050 to 1650

I had a spark this morning, I went a wee spin. Later my friend went out on the bike and he said it was like the fuel had ran out. He gave it a kick, it ran for a bit then it happened again.

When we got it home there was no spark. 

When I did the above test 1800 was the reading I got on both wires. 

Is this so high that I would get no spark?

We went up a stream yesterday, but there was no water or wet look when I took the flywheel cover off.