1993 Txt 250

sochuck

Hi folks,

I have just got my hands on a 93 TXT 250. I need an owners manual so that I can get the premix right and any other lil goodies the manual may hold. If anyone has a copy on CD and would be willing to get me a copy I would be grateful...or if you can offer any suggestions on what i need to look out for and blah blah blah.... This is my first Trials bike so I am flying blind right now.

Mike

Edited by sochuck

Hello Mike,

As previously said, there was no TXT250 in 93, if your bike is 93 it would have upside down forks and be called a Contact 25 or GT 25, however, if it was a TXT250 and is maybe 2003, the same pre-mix applies anyway. I always use 50:1 with a mineral oil, 95 octane fuel, never had any problems, some riders use a leaner mix with synthetic, I prefer not to.

If it is a 93, there was no manual, just a plastic card with minimal details. If you have any problems, post them on this site.

Ta ta, Peter.

The TXT model didn't appear until about 1999, do you have the frame no. or a picture so we can establish exactly what you have?

The VIN is XVTRXGGX0793X2324X

Please forgive my stupidity on this, It does have a decal stating Contact25 and show several decals with Teras's name on it with 1993 Champion stickers. It has conventual forks. It runs great but I can't figure out how the heck to check the tranny oil....

Sounds like a '94 jt 25 if it has conventional forks.

The "93" in the frame number would be the date of frame manufacture, usually at the end of the previous year.

93-94 its a Gas Gas thats what I wanted so I can't complain about that. As I said it fires on the first kick which is better than my Husky. Can I bother you by asking where the tranny oil fill/level check is at. I see a chrome plug that looks to have been stripped on the kick lever side, is that it?

I was going to post some pic but just couldn't get anything to post.

93-94 its a Gas Gas thats what I wanted so I can't complain about that. As I said it fires on the first kick which is better than my Husky. Can I bother you by asking where the tranny oil fill/level check is at. I see a chrome plug that looks to have been stripped on the kick lever side, is that it?

I was going to post some pic but just couldn't get anything to post.

Hi again, Michael. I sent you some e-mails and we'll get back to each other when I get back home.

The aluminum plug is undoubtedly the filler plug and they get stripped out easily when an old Allen wrench,

with worn down flutes is used.

Take a T-45 Torx bit and tap it in the hole to use as an "Easyout" type tool. You can re-install it with the same bit.

If you buy a new top filler plug, get the one for the bottom of the crankcase with the magnet in it. That way you'll have two

magnets (the normal magnet-type on the bottom and a magnet at the top) to collect the normal swarf that is cast off

from gears and clutches.

Jon

Hi again, Michael. I sent you some e-mails and we'll get back to each other when I get back home.

The aluminum plug is undoubtedly the filler plug and they get stripped out easily when an old Allen wrench,

with worn down flutes is used.

Take a T-45 Torx bit and tap it in the hole to use as an "Easyout" type tool. You can re-install it with the same bit.

If you buy a new top filler plug, get the one for the bottom of the crankcase with the magnet in it. That way you'll have two

magnets (the normal magnet-type on the bottom and a magnet at the top) to collect the normal swarf that is cast off

from gears and clutches.

Jon

thanks Jon....

• 7 years later...