Fantic 309

htrdoug

Picked up a 309 on ebay,was inside driving distance so I drove over to iowa and hauled it home! $780 bucks!Runs, Has great compression but needs carb cleaning,tires deep tread.

DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0354.jpg

Hubs have been spraybombed silver,hopfully pressure washer will strip them back to day-glo yellow!

Man that thing looks sweet Doug!!! Sorry i've been covered up at work :thumbup: and was sicker than a dog for a week! so i haven't been doing much of anything. A couple of guys replied to me on here about some winter trials and i haven't even looked at them yet lol. Sucks being busy but oh well whatta you do :huh: Let me know when you get that baby up and going!!!! take care c-ya

Finally got a chance to take this for a spin around the backyard(very small yard!),I'm really gonna like this bike,clutch takes no effort and releases quickly,turns way tighter than the 240,engine is alot noisier than a 240 though,it'll make a fun ride while going through the 240.

• 2 months later...

Well,weather turned good and took both the 309 and the 240 out today,they are very different rides,only thing in common is the forward kick!The 309 fits me far better,feels more natural to ride. Of course the disc brakes and mono are great,but the main difference is the more forward weight bias plus the heavy flywheel effect. The 240 lifts the front without much input and the engine is snappier,but it may be geared lower(will check the sprockets when I clean 'em up tomorrow) The 309 needs a concentrated effort to pop up the front. Clutch action on the 309 in nice and light,I can use just one finger to ease it in and out. I was able to clean sections in my practice area that I was struggling on the twinshock. I will be competing on the 240 in the coming year and I'll prepare the 309 for a go at the senior class next year.This gives me a direction for tuning my 240 as it's the only trials bike I have ever ridden and don't really know what is best all on my own.

The 240 responds smoother down low(ain't nothin' wrong with piston port engines!) but It does have an OKO,both were running on last years fuel,no doubt stale as hell so I won't judge any tuning until I dump the old stuff into my Jeep and buy them something fresh(today was a clear the trails day,not a full playride day)

Yes,the 309 does have alot of piston rattle,Don't know what is considered normal for these,just what I've read on the net,she'll get a new one before riding her much more,I have no doubt she'll always be noisier than a 240 but if I put a new piston in her I'll have peace of mind.

• 2 months later...
Picked up a 309 on ebay,was inside driving distance so I drove over to iowa and hauled it home! $780 bucks!Runs, Has great compression but needs carb cleaning,tires deep tread.

DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0354.jpg

Hubs have been spraybombed silver,hopfully pressure washer will strip them back to day-glo yellow!

We both the same bike runs fine excelent bike

woerkomhf

• 3 weeks later...

We have the same bike, runs fine and only 550 km on the taco.

Do you have detail info about the bike?

YS

Henny

h.f.vanwoerkom@hetnet.nl

I have no info myself,I get my details from:

Bob Wright 305 manuals

some info here:

http://www.fantic.nl/

http://www.fanticmotor.asso.fr/

BMZ helps cross part numbers:

BMZ 309 parts

Google translator sometimes helps with the sites enough that I can speculate.