New Ossa

ham2

Look, it's a slow day at the office and I've been worrying about the price of this here, new bike?

In comparison; what makes (made :( ) the Montesa 4RT so expensive?

Is it because it's a 4stroke engine and they have more mechanicals?...but Beta/Sherco seem to manage to keep the price down on theirs

.OSSA has a 2stroke.

Or is it because it has an alloy frame?..again Beta seem to be able to moderate their prices.

OSSA has a steel tube frame.

Or is it (as I suspect :D ) Fuel Injection...how much does that add to the price of a trials bike?

I'll give you a further insight into my logic :huh: process :-

When I look at a new trials bike I try to imagine (like we all do) what part would be most vulnerable to damage/failure if I owned it.....then I do the 'mud-pie' test!!

If it's an off-road bike I imagine throwing a mud-ball at the bike and seeing if I could cause any major problems to the machine depending on where it lands?!!

All the current bikes pass this 'mental :thumbup: ' test if you ignore striking the radiator/fan....apart from the OSSA.

The F.I. has an exposed external quadrant for the throttle cable,imagine getting that jammed.

Discuss (told you I was bored).......

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Monts were Just reasuringly expensive like Stella Lager..I always wonder about cost of sales budget the market aint that big & it seems they all feel oblidged to trundle around the world with the "flying circus" world rounds and of course some top riders get more pay than others;..although some of the rumoured contracts even the lesser lights get are incredible. Another line of thought with your bored ramblings (it beats thinking about work eh?) could be after sales service costs as we all know some are better than others depending on who's representing them I geusse.

Well the Mont and Beta have their frames made by Verlochi (sp?) so there is no cost difference there.

Mont use Showa suspension which could be marginally more expensive.

Beta and Mont both make 4T engines

Beta 5000 Mont 6500 = marketing are rip off b**tards, or their company is more expensive to run.

Back to the new bike. I'd say the the rear shock will be one of the most expensive items. My mate just got a TTX Ohlins rear shock for his Ducati and it was moon money..... it also made a huge difference to the bike. I'd by the OSSA just because of the rear shock!

As I said before I don't think it will happen, I may be wrong. The days of big spending have gone for a lot of people so it is probably 2 or 3 years too late. Also as I said before what happened to the 4t Gasser ?? It all went quiet.

Reverse cylinder and fuel injection on a 2t trials bike are just gimmicks, if it needs to be big money to re coup costs then good luck to them if it does happen, they will need it.. They may be so far down the road there is no going back so it has to happen whatever, who knows??

Look, it's a slow day at the office and I've been worrying about the price of this here, new bike?

now i know how that feels, utter tedium, phone not ringing, no customers.............but...........a little more imagination required.

instead of worrying about the cost of a bike that you wont ever buy, consider time travel, or the speed of light, or both.

you could try taking you shoes and socks off under the desk using only you feet , without looking, and then putting them back on again. (trust me THAT takes practice!)

try constructing a working model of a steam engine with all thats in you office draw, (those stainless steel flasks would make an ideal boiler).

There must be other distractions, so lets hear them, what do you do when its a slow office day!

Edited by paul w

There must be other distractions, so lets hear them, what do you do when its a slow office day!

Look a certain exciting new " models " on the internet- what else.!

To be honest though i never get a slow day at work , we are always too busy working , too much to do! :thumbup:

If the machine is as good as it looks they don't need to sell it cheap. From a marketing perspective, I would certainly sell it at a high price. If its 6k or more there will be guys who buy it for sure. There will be peeps bemoaning the price and saying rip-off merchants etc but they can go buy an Xispa. :thumbup: With a high price, the bike will then become more exclusive and therefore more desirable. :huh:

Edited by AtomAnt

.....a little more imagination required.

instead of worrying about the cost of a bike that you wont ever buy, consider time travel, or the speed of light, or both.

186,000 Miles per Second I think...but my biggest problem is trying to calculate the speed of dark??

you could try taking you shoes and socks off under the desk using only you feet , without looking, and then putting them back on again. (trust me THAT takes practice!)

Despite what Baldilocks says, I am not actually a monkey!

But on a topical note, I have postulated(er!) a theory for the global rise in sea levels:

There are simply more and more boats around these days and if you apply simple Archimedes displacement principles then the maths can be applied........there you go,piece of **** :thumbup:

Anyway, this OSSA, can we get a petition up to ask the government to subsidize the manufacturer with a

But on a topical note, I have postulated(er!) a theory for the global rise in sea levels:

There are simply more and more boats around these days and if you apply simple Archimedes displacement principles then the maths can be applied........there you go,piece of ****

:thumbup: Brilliant :huh:

Last bike that was close to twice the price of the others was the RTL 250f Saunders struck up a good run on his works machine, but many clubmen who did splurge couldn't get on with them, I was told that only around four hundred were ever produced?, Big John, could probably answer that one.

Good riders will probably ride whatever they can get a little help in the sponsorship department, those who like the bike and have the $ to be the first kid on the block with one, or Big John, who probably hasn't got one that shade of green could be in the market.

In past years machines like the Fantic 200 or TY 250 mono have been big sellers but not world beaters.

If it is the dogs, but over priced, how long would it be until others started producing bikes like them but for less, it didn't take long for all to pick up on the mono shock sytem, disc brakes, or water cooling, did they show their hand too soon with the prototype ?.

Say you got a test ride on the new Ossa in a years time, looks are there, feels good, but you only feel on a parr with what your current machine is, would you still spend the extra ?.

From very good source I must say that the Ossa will be produced, production will start mid 2010. Production is limited and it all depends on how many will be imported to your country. The price will be similar to a Gas Gas TXT 300 I think.

It looks trick but don't forget that it also shares a lot of components that can be found on other trials (AJP, Hebo, Marzzocchi...) and it is produced in Spain so it won't cost a fortune.

I'm pretty confident that it will price wise be comparable to a Gasser 300...

The only problem I see is not having a decent distribution in the country ;(

From very good source I must say that the Ossa will be produced, production will start mid 2010. Production is limited and it all depends on how many will be imported to your country. The price will be similar to a Gas Gas TXT 300 I think.

It looks trick but don't forget that it also shares a lot of components that can be found on other trials (AJP, Hebo, Marzzocchi...) and it is produced in Spain so it won't cost a fortune.

we must be looking at different bikes! same price ,not a chance

Ishy ,does this info remedy your drunkards droop?...surely this OSSA can't be priced at the same level as a 300 Gasser?

Even though I am the king of wishful thinking, this would mean an OSSA retail price lower than the new Sherco??