Sherco Sherpa T

sherpa

In 2001 Sherco produced a limited amount of 2001 bikes with a Sherpa T graphic marking the end of the use of the thumbs up logo. The bikes were not sold on the open market as far as I am aware. Does anyone know of any photos of these bikes or where one might be able get a decal set with the Sherpa T scheme?

There were plenty of the red coloured first model Shercos sold here and one of them is still being ridden in our local trials. I will be able to get high quality photos but it will be a while as our riding season has just finished.

I am pretty sure I have magazine photos of that model and I think there might be a close-up of the thumbs up graphic in that. I'll have a look later today.

When they were advertised they were referred to as the "Bultaco Sherco" which was very hard for some of us to pronounce after thirty years of saying something very similar but different.

Edited by feetupfun

Don't know of any limited production run models in 2001 with the Bultaco name. The Bultaco name was only used in 1999.

The original Sherco, or GasGas clone.... was produced in 1999 and they hired, leased, borrowed or whatever, the Bultaco name to launch the model. They couldn't call it a Sherpa because, somewhat strangely, Kawasaki owned the rights to Sherpa. Bizarre when Bultaco had produced a Sherpa model for nigh on 20 years from the early 60s. So they called it a Bultaco Sherco. In 2000, the Bultaco name was dropped and it became plain Sherco.

Picture here:

http://www.ataq.qc.ca/galerie/showimg.php?...rco1999_2.5.jpg

My 2000 had the thumbs up logo on the flywheel cover or was it the Clutch cover............that is until the sticker fell off. But there was no actual "Bultaco" written on the machine.

I may not remember too well as the bike has had many graphical changes.

Edited by ZIPPY

Sorry guys, you misunderstand me. This was an actual sherpa t scheme that was applied to a 2001 sherco. I saw limited photos when the bikes were made on the cover of a Spanish magazine. The article came to me in an issue of the sherco mail news (I think). I have been unable to find that newsletter as anything to do with the bultaco name seems to have been removed from all past sherco newsletters. I am aware of the 1999 models you speak of; I have one of the 150 limited addition SSDT (not the blue bike) replicas that were produced after Graham Jarvis won the SSDT. The bikes I saw actually had the round sherpa t logo with checkered back ground. Was I just imagining this?

Yes, I remember what you are talking about. It was a 2001 2.9 that was dressed up with Bultaco graphics. I remember seeing a bunch of pictures on the website. I don't remember which one it was. However, I might have a bookmark or saved off some photos somewhere. I thought that they were something like an additional $600/$800 more than a standard Sherco because of the licensing fees to use the Bultaco graphics. But I might be thinking of something else...

They might have said they were going to build a bunch of them, but I'd be surprised, because at that point, people really didn't think of them as Bultacos.

I remember the bike. I think it was a special edition launched at the same time the use of the Bultaco name and thumbs-up logo ended and the bikes became 'Shercos'.

At the time I had one of the original (red) Bultaco Sherco 2.5's from the first batch, bought just before Graham Jarvis won the 99 SSDT.

Perhaps Malcolm Rathmell/MRS could help if you want to obtain the graphics set.

I had a 99 Jervis Replica 250 with a Bultaco badge

Graphically speaking, the duplication of the stickers as shown on this special should not be a problem.

Bultaco UK ( for all you young'uns thats the place for genuine Bultaco spares in the UK ) would have the round sticker on the tank, and the BULTACO name-sticker on the top frame tube

A good sign writer can do the rest

I just hope that that primary colour is Bultaco RED, not the pink in the colour rendition of the front guard

PINK on a Bultaco !!!! May Senior Bulto twist in his grave