Whos Going To Be The New Dealer And How Much Will It Be ?

gasgas125rider

If its the same price as all the others it will be too dear...... unless the quality is in a different league... Or it as a decompressor!!!!! :D that device that seems to be essential on an Ossa, so you can do extended farts whilst going down hills. Were they of any real use at all?

If its the same price as all the others it will be too dear...... unless the quality is in a different league... Or it as a decompressor!!!!! :D that device that seems to be essential on an Ossa, so you can do extended farts whilst going down hills. Were they of any real use at all?

Rubbish the mont was more expensive that sold , remember the ty mono 20% more than anything else that sold, and lets not mention the rtl.

There is an aging demographic which has money to spend if this is the thing to have lighter better materials etc a premium will be paid.

IF being the modt important word in that lat quote of nigel

(If only I could spell)

I would love to be the importer of the ossa, its a breath of fresh air, and has some sound principles behind its different set up and looks like they have some serious guys on the project.

Put the greeves and that bike side by side and I know my "buy british" ethos would get forgotten in an instant.

Not too sure what the size of investment would be needed for the importership, but my guess is that if the retail price is right there would be plenty wanting it

Interesting ....."Rubbish the mont was more expensive that sold , remember the ty mono 20% more than anything else that sold, and lets not mention the rtl.

There is an aging demographic which has money to spend if this is the thing to have lighter better materials etc a premium will be paid.The problem with the comment about the costs of the others?"

I'd like to correct the first bit and say 'mont was the more expensive rubbish that sold', but that wouldn't be true!

You need to recall that of the models mentioned (RTL, F4RT and Mono Yam) ONLY the monoshock Yam was actually 100% better than the other bikes on the market at the time for normal riders!, but the quality of the RTL and TY Mono were MUCH better than the other bikes on the market. Not only could you keep them for 5 years as they were not worn out, but they were basically still current models as well!

Actually you've got me wondering about the TY Mono... I remember a price of about

re: Mono Yam,

I ought to mention that they (Mono Yams) had loads of problems at first though... back of crank cases being ripped out... broken swingarms (but some of these were caused by stand brackets being welded on). Later models had extra engine mounts and a cylinder head mount too... Oh and the front brake plate failures... dangerous on the road!

One reason why the TY was so successful also was it was set up soft and compliant out of the box (set up for a 10 stone Jap?). Surprisingly most riders just jumped on and rode them, so when they tried other bikes that were set up for 15+ stone Italians or whatever, these bikes just spat them off!

However if you ride a TY now they feel really archaic.... but then its a 27 year old design!

I can't recall the 300 being so cheap, but maybe it was.

Anyway what will the new importer try to charge for T'Ossa? (and will it have a decompressor :D) As I've not seen the current prices what is a GG 250/300? 4500? what about a Mont?

Edited by Rosey

(If only I could spell)

I would love to be the importer of the ossa, its a breath of fresh air, and has some sound principles behind its different set up and looks like they have some serious guys on the project.

Put the greeves and that bike side by side and I know my "buy british" ethos would get forgotten in an instant.

Not too sure what the size of investment would be needed for the importership, but my guess is that if the retail price is right there would be plenty wanting it

How much money is needed to get dealership for this machine do you reckon?

Any bona fide dealer could get it but importing it may be a different thing. Historically as you know the uk has always had importers.

Interesting thoughts, do we really need "importers" these days. With the growth of the interweb surely a dealer could be just that and the factory hold the stock of supply parts and spares? Is it not the case that the costs of an importer is the stock held in spare parts.

Interesting thoughts, do we really need "importers" these days. With the growth of the interweb surely a dealer could be just that and the factory hold the stock of supply parts and spares? Is it not the case that the costs of an importer is the stock held in spare parts.

...which is why some dealers are stocking new 4rt's?