320 Exhaust Mods

virginiatrials

• 2 years later...

Just to retouch this subject....has anyone found a modern rear exhaust that fits.....I'd quieter and lighter.

...I now know that our standard exhaust uses Helmholtz principles which currently sexy in F1 would you believe.

Cheers guys and happy new year to all.

You might exchange the older rear silencer against a newer one from the Jumbo model. But it's not worth all the hassle.

Bed improvement over all would be to give our outtake a good internal clean up I recommend mild blasting.

Then cut up your mid box get everything cleaned up very well, (and now the trick), do media blast the hole tube so much that the holes get their original diameter back. If the hole tube is too much corroded buy a new one with some hole pattern and hole diameter out of stainless steal and place it inside. Then get fire proof medium hard rock wool that is sustainable to temperatures above 1000 deg. Celsius and carve out two halves that than can be placed then around the holetube. Rebuild everything and done.

For riding use 2stroke oil with very low burning point so it get's burned away instead of thrown out of the muffler and good gasoline ethanol free from 95 to 100ROZ and you engine will stay together with a .NGK BP 4E and a mixture between 1:66,7 and 1:75 very clean inside.